fj20et

does anyone have info on fj20det engines like where to get aftermarket parts for them if there is any? my dad has a 67 datson 1600 roadster with one in it any info would be good

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Thats crazy, that must be a swap right?? I know they were put in DR30 Skylines of the early 80’s, and I beleive they were in the S110 Silvia/Gazelles as well. As far as I know that engine was never brought for the North American market. but they were made way to early. Anyway they are turbo so you can get a boost controller and gauge easily if you dont havew one already. Also you could upgrade the intercooler… is it even intercooled?? I think you are pretty much SOL if you want parts like cams etc, unless you want to hunt around in Japan.

PS - I want to see this car!!

Me too. You should post a picture on a new topic. Sounds pretty interesting.

we brought in 2 fj20det’s into the city around 9 years ago. One was sold to a fellow road racer in vancouver who wanted to put one into a 510. The other was also put into a 510 that ended up somewhere in the west coast.

They are an excellent engine, but lacks aftermarket support and quanity - especially here. we have done work on them and pulled them apart.
I may still be able to dig up some parts interchange info that i used to have around. General performance parts are avaliible locally (boost controllers,injectors, bov’s, custom exhausts, etc.). I can still get hard parts (engine gaskets, seals, pistons, rods, etc) but all have to come from out of country.

let me know if i can help, i’d love to do more work on one. Neil

thanks guys and i posted info and some pics of the car in members rides i messed up the first time i wanted to post so just go to the first post :lol: