Flashing Highbeams from oncoming traffic

I hope a lot of you sonlings know this common courtesy on the road, even though I feel that a large portion of the public is clueless about this.

If you are driving, and you spot a speed trap, you are suppose to quickly flash your highbeams to warn oncoming traffic of the trap. I like to think I’m a pretty courteous driver on the road…I rarely succumb to road rage, but it does frustrate me when I do highbeam the oncoming driver trying to warn them of the impending speed trap hiding beneath the bridge, and all the driver does is give me the finger and pretty tells me to sod off.

Then their faces quickly change to unveil their realization when the cop has already pulled them over and writing them a ticket.

I was wondering if any of you guys had the same experience, or even better, are their any other road signals that I am not aware of that is used to warn other drivers of impending ticket dispensing.

^You’re not “supposed” to do it. It’s just a nice jesture.

And before anyone throws the HTA out there.
Flashing your highbeams, even during the day, is not illegal. It’s not even illegal to warn oncoming drivers of a speed trap.
However, having them on for a consistant duration of time during the day is illegal.

Although i usually go ahead and highbeam oncoming traffic.

I’ve heard numourous amounts of times it is illegal, and have met people who have been given a ticket for it.

Just curious as to how that would work…

It’s a stupid thing for a cop to try, cause you can say you accidentally hit your highbeams when you were reaching for something (adjusting the heating vent?) and if you want to, fight it, if the cop is dumb enough to give you one.

Ya its fight able. I did it twice today actually, Go me!

i hate that law…

it’s like…their slapping you with a ticket for being a nice person

stupid fascists

What a pointless waste of Internet.

I don’t see how they can prove it to be illegal. I’ve always done it, will continue to due it, and will tell the pig that tries to give me that ticket where to stick it.

was this same exact thread not made about a month or two ago?

haha, if i could thank all the people who’ve highbeemed me before i hit a trap.
saved me a few tickets

It’s not illegal to warn people of a speed trap but your not allowed to have flashing lights on your car, so they give you that ticket.

Stop wasting my screen space with this crap.

What is this the second time this has come up this year?!

if it’s a bore to read…skip it

if it’s really that annoying…

then mods, you can delete this thread

you mean communists

i was just with the journalist that published the original story. the ticket he got was thrown out.

it’s illegal to have flashing ALTERNATING headlamps (commonly known as wig wags)… which flash left then right then left then right etc.

it’s not illegal to warn people of an approaching speed trap.

and yes, this was just covered. search for the other thread.