Flat black paint

Well this seems to be a pretty big fad for 240’s lately, what do you guy think of it? (I know hot rods have been doing it, i’m talking about imports)

The only imports i see having the flat black are 240’s for some reason, ever since the SCC build.

It looks decent, but i wouldnt want every car having it

Apparantly its very hard to clean, you just cant get the fingerprints out. I personally don’t like it on S13’s.

I think it is the ghetto way out of getting a real paint job …if you have like 50 bucks for a pant job …go for it …beats having your car in a few colors dur to new body panels or recent bodywork …primer is better

Well i’ve actually seen cars with flat black paint and then a few coats of clearcoat to get rid of that problem. I coudn’t imagine cleaning a matte paint.

theres something appealing about a 240 with flat black
i kinda dig it but would never do it to mine

I got a black 240 and i would much rather have a nice high gloss black paint than any flat black paint anyday

Dido! :smiley:

I just can’t see myself ever admiring a paint job that DIDN’T have GLOSS and REFLECTION. :shock:

It seems like a pretty dumb fad to me…

Well this seems to be a pretty big fad for 240’s lately, what do you guy think of it? (I know hot rods have been doing it, i’m talking about imports)

The only imports i see having the flat black are 240’s for some reason, ever since the SCC build.

It looks decent, but i wouldnt want every car having it

Apparantly its very hard to clean, you just cant get the fingerprints out. I personally don’t like it on S13’s.

I think it is the ghetto way out of getting a real paint job …if you have like 50 bucks for a pant job …go for it …beats having your car in a few colors dur to new body panels or recent bodywork …primer is better

Well i’ve actually seen cars with flat black paint and then a few coats of clearcoat to get rid of that problem. I coudn’t imagine cleaning a matte paint.

theres something appealing about a 240 with flat black
i kinda dig it but would never do it to mine

I got a black 240 and i would much rather have a nice high gloss black paint than any flat black paint anyday

Dido! :smiley:

I just can’t see myself ever admiring a paint job that DIDN’T have GLOSS and REFLECTION. :shock:

It seems like a pretty dumb fad to me…