Flat-Out "Monday" (9/12) @ BeaveRun

Sweet! It’s going to be a busy day. I know several people who plan on stopping by to watch. I can’t wait.

Nice Vid…

Actually, you do want to turn in early at 7…before you can even see the apex…you may have turned in a lttle early but not by much.

Turn 7 is one of the most important turns at BeaveRun since it leads to the backstretch so you want a high exit speed…I still find turn 5 the most difficult…if you screw it up then you’re not set up correctly for 6 which affects how you go into 7…

Here’s a vid of a Z06 on Hoosiers at BeaveRun…it’s a fast lap (1:05.x) but it’s not the smoothest of driving…he overcorrects quite a bit…maybe his tires are on the way out.

Z06 at BeaveRun

Yeah, my biggest problem if you can’t tell in the video, is that the SOHC neon really doesn’t have enough torque to get up that stupid hill. I didn’t want to toss it down into 2nd, as it would have been screaming up by the redline, and there wasn’t any money to win.

5-6-7 really aren’t a problem for the neon, as i have way more chassis than engine, so i can basically make my line do whatever i like. I’m sure with another 50hp you need to be more careful!

Yeah…If I remember, I think my exit speed from turn 7 is around 80mph so I’m crusing up the hill to turn 6 pretty good…I definitely can’t give it all the car has or I will be in the grass or Armco in no time…don’t want that. I’ve already had one off track excursion at Nelson Ledges. Thankfully, it occurred at a slower part of the track. I spun at around 60 mph after braking from 120. Fortunately, the damage was very minor…

$165 if you pay in advance, $180 48 hrs before the day…

Turn 7 is the hairiest one for me too…

See ya there Eric and BlackAttackTC…my parents are coming up to watch, prolly have the inlaws there as well…gonna DEF be a good day!