Flat out Friday this Friday (8/26) at BeaveRun.

Any Pittspeed members running?

I am bringing the Z!!! But you knew that already! :smiley:

Can’t wait!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/smilies/shiftdrive.gif

Indeed I do.

I think there will be a big turn out this Friday. The weather looks good so far. Then again rain would be fine with me. :slight_smile:

i have no clue what you are talking about

You can drift easier with rain :slight_smile:

flat out friday open lapping

Flat Out Friday on Aug. 26th. Experience the thrill of driving your car on the North Track… we provide classroom & in-car instruction

sounds like fun. Take pics

habib might be going

Nah, if the civic was around maybe. But the beater is limited to banging cones. To those goin have fun though, and as always with beaverun watch your brakes :wink:

They are going to be offering Auto X at the same time as flat out for $20, helmet and seat belt required!

looks like fun!

Come on out!!! :smiley:

My DD broke down so no track days for the track car untill i can afford to wreck it.

Have funs guys:) hope to see some of you there next year(with possiably a dohc vtec civic)

My DD is my track car. Therefore, I really only drive 8/10ths on the track. I’d love to push harder but I have to remember the car must get me to work the next day.

I was seriously thinking of going but i have a trip to cleveland on sat, i’m curious if my front tires will make it. Right now their at the tread bar, to all of you that have been on the north course before, how much of a beating do the tires take?

I am a track virgin, sorry I can’t help ya on that one, seems Eric and Habib have been there some…

From what I hear, it is hard on tires and brakes.

Generally I don’t think the track is all that hard on tires. Of course I have four tires sharing the traction so I’m sure that helps. Nevertheless, my buddy ran his FWD car at the last open lap day with tires at the wear bars and he was fine at the end of the day. His tires are summer compounds (softer vs. A/S tires) so you would be even better off if you’re running an all-season tire.

As for brakes, my fat ass car (3,600lbs) does fairly well. You’re on the brakes hard going into turn 1 and turn 10 and touch them briefly going into turn 5. Overall that’s not a lot of braking.

It does depend on how you drive really. BR’s main problem compared to other tracks is that and you have two braking zones where you are comming down from well over 100 that are one after the other. And the track is kinda short (1.5 miles) so you don’t get alot of cool down time either. A few local club racers who have been to a few other tracks on the east coast claim beaver to be the worst by far. But again, depends on how hard your driving, usally if your brakes fade up you just back off for a lap any they will come back. As for tires beaver is not to bad at all on tires, that seems to be the general consensus from the locals.

Good point. There are some laps/sessions where I push harder than others and I do get some fade while braking for turn 10. It can be a bit hairy at first but you learn to expect it.