how far is this from buffalo? sounds like fun in the RS4

[/quote]

OMGLUCKYBASTARDHASANRS4!!!

ugh i want.

hrmmm sounds good

[quote=“cato1974,post:21,topic:37537"”]

[/quote]

60-90 miles or so, depending on the start location.

[quote=“cato1974,post:21,topic:37537"”]

[/quote]

Canandaigua is about 1:30 - 1:45 hours from Buffalo, Macedon is around 1:15 - 1:30 hours.

At some point I’d like to start doing some of these events. I don’t think any of my friends would be very good navigators for a rally, however.

Just pick someone and go with it. You’ve got to start somewhere.

[quote=“Matt Danger,post:25,topic:37537"”]

Canandaigua is about 1:30 - 1:45 hours from Buffalo, Macedon is around 1:15 - 1:30 hours.

At some point I’d like to start doing some of these events. I don’t think any of my friends would be very good navigators for a rally, however.

[/quote]

Just pick anyone, and if they mess up, you can smack them upside the head while you’re driving like my favorite Mitsubishi Rallidriver Pons does to his co-driver.

By far THE most important trait of a Navigator is a strong stomach.

George M

Yeah, thankfully I don’t get car sick…but I can see easily how it could churn some people’s tummies.

And I agree with Jim, you pick someone and go with it. Marnie and I, thankfully, have worked GREAT with each other right from the start, but there was definitely a level of communication that we worked on to get to where we are. I had to figure out how much repetition of instruction she needed, she had to figure out exactly what I meant by “right at T” (are we coming up to a T, or does that mean a side street ends at a T with the street we’re on, etc). I think it’s safe to say even a year into this, we’re still ironing out the details, but it all figures itself out the more times you do it with the same person.

[quote=“CONEVADR,post:28,topic:37537"”]

By far THE most important trait of a Navigator is a strong stomach.

George M

[/quote]

That rules out my girlfriend. :meh:

The girlfriend is never a good idea…

First event is Sunday :tup:

:tup:

:bump:

First winter event is less than two weeks away… Remember that you need to have a valid inspection sticker in order to compete! If yours expired last Friday (or earlier :P) don’t forget to get it done. You also need a reflective triangle or road flares, and a tow rope (they are usually on sale at Harbor Freight). Snow shovels aren’t required but I suggest bringing one anyway. :ohnoes:

Update, weather looks good and cold for the weekend. :slight_smile:

Here are better directions to the start location:

It’s on the corner of County Rd 10 and 5&20 - which is on the north side of 5&20 (across from the Roseland Center Plaza). That makes it one traffic light past where Rt 364 comes out but before you get to the Walmart plaza.

These events are great. I hope to make the long journey out to one this winter. Thanks for all for the hard work it takes to put these on Mark. :slight_smile:

Might have to head over and run one or two of those.

If there’s any experienced navigators looking for a ride, let me know. ALPHA experience a plus.

Mark doesn’t do the road rallies, Tom does… I don’t think either of them are on this forum though :wink:

Next event is this Saturday, start/finish is near Leicester, so it’s somewhat close for you Buffalo guys.

sounds fun, but then again it sounds like a good idea to use a DD until youre in a ditch…
navigator for rent <-- (free)

Probability of going into a ditch is directly proportional to how much of a jackass you are…oh, wait…:snky: