FML + questions

so long story short. i parked my s13 in a best buy parking lot, put it in first, and then walked inside a restraunt (in that plaza) and began to eat a meal. I see my car in the parking lot driving away… and realize my remote starter went off in my jacket pocket… in first gear. SO… i chase after the car and shut it off, but its momentum keeps it rolling and it smashes into a 2008 Toyota Highlander. the damage on the highlander is cracked up bumper,fog light holder,cracked winshield washer fluid reservoir and thats about it. my car is pretty good ( slightly bent fender). So neither of us were there at the time of the accident. Anyways questions :

are all ontario parking lot accidents 50/50?

rough estimates on bumper cover (and paint) fog light housing and washer fluid reservoir?

i also heard its impossible to match white paint?:confused: and that the whole car must be painted ? true or false ?:confused:

how screwed am i ?:/:

08… dam thats going to be $$$$$ I can get price quote for you tomorrow… i get discounts from dealers… hope u got cash tho cause still not going to be cheap PLUS the paint job on the bumper

just PM me if you need help with everything you need, VIN# helps too

the thing about white paint (and others too) is that almost every type of white has a different hint of colour to it. if you see them all seperatley they’d look the same, but if you were to look at them beside eachother, you’ll see one looks slightly yellow, another blue, another green, etc…

for the other stuff im not too sure :frowning:

but dang, bad luck on that one man

fuck nvm you’d know exactly what kind of paint it would be…

lol sorry to laugh man… but like…

was ur car just ROLLING into the car, or was it like… driving itself in 1st gear, 950 rpms idle type deal…

this circumstance has never even crossed my mind… remote starter + in gear + no clutch needed for engine start up.

bananas

really in a parking lot it is no fault!

Shitty to hear man.

Matching the paint is an easy match because its new. Going to be brutal for the parts though…I had someone do almost the same thing to the front of my Titan and the bumper cost like $1800 from Nissan…brutal.

parking brake fail?
but shit man sorry to hear.
i can give you a number to a decent body shop i know of if it helps somehow?
best of luck

okay car was driving in 1st gear. i ran outside turned it off but it already had too much momentum.

Shoulda just did what someone did to a friend, left a note on the windshield saying something along the lines of

“my car hit yours, sorry :slight_smile: I wrote this note so people think I care”

It was more than the asshole who hit and ran my car before I even made the first payment. Was a hard hit too, $4300 damage.

I thought if you hit or get hit in a parking lot or private property. Each persons insurance pay for there own damage. Happened to my friend, and his insurance hasn’t gone up.

I think the whole insurance 50/50 thing is if both people are driving and hit each other. Doesn’t seem right that I would have to pay if some dick drove into my parked car, but I don’t really know. I would say you are at fault since you were the one who didn’t put your parking brake on. Even if your parking brake is broken that just means you car would fail a safety and is therefore unfit for public roads, so it’s still your fault. That said, shitty dude, that won’t be cheap, hope everything works out.

Related story:

When I was working at Toyota Dealership we had a lifted 4x4 Tacoma come in for some thing or another. This particular truck was manual and had a home installed remote starter in it. On the fob the unlock button was replaced with the start button so when the tech went out to get it he pressed unlock and it climbed over a Corolla. This caused extensive damage to the Corolla and extreme embarrassment to the tech. The truck was fine. This was all caught on security camera and made for quite a funny video, too.

I feel really bad for you man, but that is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard. Good luck with the insurance!

Holy fuck, but yea man, parts alone is going to be a bitch. Just because of the bumper being fucked, its going to make shit complicated. Try to get an estimate on the price, you may get lucky seeing as how white paint is CHEAPER then any other colour. But yea, start thinking about the worst, I’m seeing a 1500-2000$ bill for parts and labour, fuck insurance if you can and try to settle it with cash. You’ll thank yourself later, (if you have a clean record).

Best of luck man, and shit happens. Btw, if you need a fender(s), I have 2 clean beige pignose ones in me shelter.

Oh, and remove your remote starter. I always felt like that shit was dangerous when being used with a manual equipped tranny @_@"

bahaha i don’t feel so bad now

That depends on your insurance policy and coverage, something you did not discuss yet. If you have coverage that offers accident forgiveness then you would most likely be fine. You probably just have liability right? Find yourself a credit card, pay for the damages outside of the insurance shit, take your 240 off the road next month, and use that insurance money to pay down the bill. IMO, that is your best option as it stands.

if you are able to get it into a CARSTAR i can help you out somehow.

white paint=fine
you pearl white paint=not good
and it is 50/50 in a parking lot i friend of mine crashed into a truck last week it was 50/50

cool. ^^ 50/50 would be a blessing , but honestly i just want to get all of her shit fixed cause i feel pretty terrible

I have been told that because its private property it is completly up to the people involved, police have no say.

soooo… if you wanna be a real asshole you can say sorry dude and stop answering his calls.

or you could work something out… all up to you.