FML

:rofl

Cadillac STUNTIN’ ITT!!!

you have no idea. thats CHEAP for a factory fiberglass.

You can’t call people pussies in a thread about not driving their nice cars in the winter, then make a fml thread about smashing your nice car in the winter… Just sayin

Fugg it.
Plasti dip the whole shebang.

NEW STUNT NEW STUNT

wasnt snowing, was just too close and she slammed on the left pedal for no reason what so ever. Anyway ya slice it, its my fault.

The good new is, there is NO aftermarket parts for this car, so all replacements are OEM, even down to the radiator. Bumper needed to be replaced due to being cracked along the bottom edge anyway, was going to wait till spring but what the hell. Already had someone offer to buy the hood despite the cracks, so i’ll make some money off of it. I’ll fix up the grille surround and have two sets and try my hand at plastidip and see if it blends with the wheels or looks too “ricey”. Will probably order the rear window spoiler and lightly tint the windows as well as a tuner (and dyno tune)

Good deal. What about having the grills powdercoated? They should be all metal right?

That bumper is 100% repairable. Don’t let them throw that out.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/09/8ume8y6y.jpg

^ this. SEM problem plastic and/or some UPOL repair and it’ll be fine.

You guys are nuts, that’s what insurance is for. Maybe if he was paying out of pocket…

fix the bumper and resell. or just pocket the bumper $$ and fix existing. maybe thats just the hustler in me.

Depends on how the check is written. If its just in his name he can cash it and never fix the car, as long as he signs the paper from the insurance co and checks the box for did not repair.

If the check comes in his name and the shops name, if its not fixed exactly as adjusted its insurance fraud. so the shop has to be carefull.

if the checks in his name and the bank, the bank usually wants an invoice showing it was repaired before they sign/cash the check.

fix as per insurance est, be done with it. Sell the hood, take 30 minutes and fix the bumper, spot prime it and sell it as repaired, maybe even make some $ on the respray for the next guy.

Glad to see LKQ and china doesnt make re-pops for that car! So OEM is the only way they can go, hopefully they dont cheap out and tell ya to hit a salvage yard though.

You were inside my brain during this post.

i love being inside you.

All OEM parts. Saving everything. If mike can get it done fast enough having the upper and lower grilles powdercoated. Alreaady had an offer on the hood and some trim.

All in all, just shy of a $9k hit. Crazt

9K nutty. For that price I say come buy my wrecked CTSV for a donor and make your car a runner with a duck taped nose :smiley:

are they all metal? if so, I can do them up in no time. I have plenty of the same satin black as the wheels. do you guys have a sandblaster there? if you can get them to me blasted I can do them in a night. if not 3-4 days since they dont fit in my cab I assume and ill have to bring them to my blast guy.

No sandblaster. Grabbed the upper/lower grille, hood chrome trim and side vents to bring to mike Saturday to see what can be powdercoaed.

I told them to save all parts. If guy falls through on the hood, any of you guys are welcome to the parts (just need to come to troy to pick them up - - and maybe throw me a case of bud light)

They came out AWESOME! Cant wait to get them on the car. Car is supposed to be done friday, but I’ve been making them take their time and keeping a watchful eye making sure everything is done perfect

Looks great, you should have done the entire fender grille though.

/\ cant they are plastic and electicoated chrome plated. Wont take the heat, and B wouldnt etch right to hold powder. Only actual metal and chrome is the mesh and the hood chin lip that goes above the big grill when the hood closes.