FML

Well saturday afternoon, was going to get some new ink at State Street Ink in schenectady.

Coming east on state st, waiting to turn on erie, green arrow lights us, so we start moving. Lady in front of me in some sort of compact suv decides its a good time to slam on her breaks. Wasnt able to react quick enough and tapped into her going no more that 4-6mhp TOPS.

Left 2 small digs on her textured bumper.

My Cadillac, did not fare so well.

Ordered the parts for my car today. $4k+ in parts alone and we havent even taken everything apart to see if there is anything under (im hoping not due to the low speed)

My work is nice and has agreed to pay for the rental or deductible (whichever is more)

Also debating to plasti-dip the upper and lower grilles while I have them off the car. Any options?

Plasti dip and Cadillac should never be in the same sentence lol.

That sucks though. Always a pain with little shit.

I think the blacked out upper and lower grille would look good with the black wheels. It looks like I can reuse the old upper/lower grilles and then keep the brand new factory back ups

lets see the new tattoo

Didnt get it! By the time the god damn cops got there, my guy had taken a walk-in ( I cant blame him, he gives me great deals) and had another appointment after mine. Going wednesday, just getting my koi colored in

This.

How are you at $4k in damage?

Possibly the hood, front bumper, grills, paint… seems about right to me. Because cadillac.

hood, 2400 (fiberglass). cracked around the latch
bumper close to a grand
grille close to a grand
headlight washer was a few hundred.
latch
upper tie bar

I’ll take a pic of the quote tomorrow. Thats just the stuff I could tell from looking at it. Tomorrow or wednesday we rip it apart

Ive paid my own insurance for 11 years. Never filed a claim. Lets hope this doesnt kill that. I work for one of the biggest Geico ARX shops in the upstate area so im hoping this will get done quick and I can watch over it like a hawk through the entire process

I wasn’t doubting you. It was more shock and awe.

$2k hood, SAY WHAAAAAAA? That’s OUTRAGEOUS.

following to closely ITT…

Thats Cadillac for ya! Trust me, Ive been working parts for 9 years now, from everything from being contracted by GM and toyota, selling aftermarket parts to running the parts department to one of the biggest body shops in the area. Most expensive hood ive seen by far

Oh yeah, I’ve logged 750k miles in my day, and I was in the wrong. Chick hit the gas, went about 5 feet and slammed on the break. fucked me all up, but in the end, I was totally at fault

Hey, could’ve gone much worse.

Have it painted instead of plastidipped. It will look cleaner.

adults admitting when they’re wrong (which on shift is a fucking miracle) ITT

:lol

for 2k it isn’t worth trying to repair the damage to the hood?

Eh, its fiberglass. Its cracked in a big crescent right around the latch. Never know if the car might hit 150mph again (hood flutter at speeds above 120 are common in this car) I’d rather just play it safe and get a brand new hood

No carbon option for these ( painted obviously) ?

not that ive been able to find

4k for a front bumper and grill?

I highly doubt ins is going to pay for a new OEM anything, unfortunatly. Its not new enough. Aftermkt or used. But yeah, must me nice to have an adjusters license at your day job! lol :wink:

GL with it bro. I would offer to help but ya got it covered with your 9-5’r. lol