Got a New Subaru Yesterday!

I used to have a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix. Not any more. Just took delivery of this baby yesterday in Albany. Only had 4 miles on it. Comment away. :excited

Where is the turbo?!

Didn’t have a choice considering I didn’t pay a cent for it. I guess you could call it an early graduation present.

Nice pick up, no car payment for the win.

Tint, coilovers, rims.

I have a serious bumper to bumper 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. So it won’t be getting coilovers. It will be getting tinted and 17’s will come probably next season. Snows will go on the stock 16’s.

Debating if I want to go 35% all around or 50% up front and 35% everywhere else. I had 35% on my Pontiac but it was a bitch to parallel park at night and see the curb with the window open.

I have a plate bracket that goes into the tow hook threads on the way. It should be here on Thursday or Friday and I will throw up some pics.

^altering suspension will do nothing to that warranty, had the same deal on my last subaru, didnt change anything. Nice pickup, jealous of your no car payment lol.

Ahh, I’ve never had a car with a warranty so I didn’t think about that :rofl

And I say 35% all around

I am kind of leaning towards 35% because the interior is light tan colored cloth…

The cops have never bothered me about 35 but I always roll down the windows / turn the dome light on. I just don’t need a tint ticket and I’m not trying to hide anything.

Even if it won’t void the warranty, the car isn’t in my name, so yeah…

I am looking to either paint the chrome on the grille black or the stock paint color. Haven’t decided yet.

Yea, I hear ya. 35 isn’t too bad and like you said, you have a tan interior so it will seem even less dark.

Plasti-dip spray, it will stay on with normal use/abuse and will come off if you WANT it to.

yesssss, do this.

A guy did this on the legacy forum. I really like the way it looks on the white car but I am tempted to get it painted the same color of the car. Opinions?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5474355855_77cea3919e_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5211/5474952458_a326bd66a5_z.jpg

VERSUS

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

ooo, thats tough… I guess it comes down to cost. If cost isn’t a big deal, I’d say body color for the grille AND the fog light inserts in the bumper.

If I could get the fog housings the paint color it would be dope. Its $100 for the chrome piece painted. Plasti-dip will cost no more than $20. Is there some kind of paint in a can that comes out chrome to paint the plastic fog light housings chrome? (Trying to think if that would look any good.)

There’s no chrome-type spray paint that would look legit. And chrome fog housings might be a little too much blinggg

I don’t think chrome housing would look good, I really don’t care for chrome on Subarus in general. I think body matched grille and housings would look the best, but plasti-dip would be a cheap easy improvement as well.

Nice car by the way!

I like the color matched front personally. Nice grad present!

You did your rims plastidip right? Hows that holding up?