Fobwall's Track Day! Sep 16th (Dunnville Autodrome)

Zagatto was a sight to see, the hard braking at the end of the front straight i swear a few times his rear wheels almost lifted right off the ground… it was crazy.

if he does some minor suspension work and gets some proper tires (rt615?) he would be laying the smack down on a lot of the higher horsepower cars

it just goes to show that on dunnville technique plays a huge role in the overall laptimes. A little bit of grip doesn’t hurt either ;]

On a different note, I’m in love with Mark’s (Fobwall) car. I’m a noob and the only people out there I had trouble with were 2G-Money and Conky who were not only impossible to hang with but impossible to come anywhere even CLOSE to hanging with haha. Oh, and probably Jim too but I didn’t get a chance to drive anywhere near him unfortunately. :frowning:

Lastly, it was great meeting everyone and I’ll likely be assisting mark in his future ventures also. If anyone doesn’t already know I was the chubby wop wearing a blue whistler shirt - I was flagging for a while, did the ridealongs with the newbies and handed out the rules to most of you.

Thanks for the props guys. All that hard braking has cooked my brakes. I’m hoping it’s just from boiled brake fluid rather than a toasted brake cylinder. I’ll find out tomorrow.

The SVTOA school I took last month made a big difference in how I approach things. I’m planning on heading to Quebec for the TRAC school in the spring to learn even more. By then I will have some sticky rubber and serious brake pads on my car. Suspension might happen later in the season depending on how things go through the year.

I’m also intrigued by having a car with more power. Right now I enjoy paying only $80/mth for insurance but the attraction of the rush might see me retiring the Rolla at the end of next year.

My dad gave his old del sol to his brother but I might be able to pick that up really cheap or even make a trade for it. The car doesn’t have any more power but it does weigh less and have a much stiffer suspension.

I’m starting to run on at the keys… must be time for bed.

I had a great time and it was great to see some really nice rids out there.

To all the drifters I had to black flag :squint:

To the green Corolla, FD vs. GTR (2G-Money) battle, rest of the GTR boys and some fast SR/KATs/3Gs :bowdown:

To half the guys I really didn’t get to meet :frowning:

Anyways, good times. Looking forward to the future events.

P.S. I came in 2nd place. :o

(Flame on)

Oh yeah, I also have to give mad props to John Jammin, Gonad, Walter, and his buddy Andrew for helping me out with the flagging and making sure that everything went smooth.

Oh yeah, and andrei, thanks for helping out as well. :slight_smile:

dorifto d is my co driver :slight_smile:

ya i guess we deserved the black flag… haha
thanks for letting us go back on though…

and thanks to the flag ppl. i liked how there were flags in the infield too. more safe that way

and zagatto? you’re from waterloo? man i got lost on the way back to loo and ended up going rallye’ing on some gravel road in the dark… scary

hey rx7 dude with the loud ass exhaust, please get a muffler!

what a crazy day, woke up. was going to mark’s. snapped axle. told mark cant come. decided to go to standard autowreckers to pick up an axle from a galant which fits on the eclipse. was doing 180 the entire way there from milton to scarborough and back. changed the axle on the corner of the road in 30 mins and was on my way to dunnville!!!

i absolutely loved dunnville minus the few bumps in some odd places. thx for mark and john and dustin for showing me the racing lines. i just need to work on my braking now! also now i know i need a better radiator + oil cooler :wink: FWD for the win!

hahah at first i was like eclipse? haha see ya, and then we hit the straight…and you left me…

-miata.

The event was great!!! I had a blast…Hey Mark…thanks for organizing the day and I cant wait to get my High Res Pictures of the Honda wing!! I think I got some great footage of the civc battleing everything and S14 vs anything faster then the civc!!..Ill put a vid together later…Ill post it soon!!

Hey Samson…you coming to CSCS??

I have a muffler, i just sprung an exhaust leak 10 mins into the event. (it was leaking at the flange coming off the header)

That wing was hysterical. Every time I watched it flapping along, trying to pick up that car I couldn’t help but smile.

It was great meeting you out there.

ya i plan on attending that event.

its the last one so i gotta do it up big to finish the season off

come and drift the s14!!!

sorry gonad :frowning:

thanks to all those who helped and flagged and etc.

mark, john, gonad, walter, and some other ppl who i don’t know.

AND

THANKS MARK FOR THE EXTRA 1hr!!! AWESOME!

Don’t forget Zee’s brother Arsalan (I think that’s his name?) who helped out a lot also!

Man, what a great event! I had a blast all day! Most fun I’ve had at the track all season.

Is any one else feeling a little sore from being tossed around all day? I know I sure am. I think its time for a new seat, Stock S13 seat FTL.

Lots of quick cars to attempt to keep pace with, Dave your car is ridiculous in the corners. I was breaking traction on all four tires trying to keep pace, as I’m sure you noticed because I did it in front of you a few times. :slight_smile:

Again awesome day and mostly everyone was very well behaved and courteous on the track so props to all you guys for keeping it safe and fun.

Thanks Mark for hosting the track day so the rest of us could have such a great time.

Thanks also to Gonad, Walter (and friend), John and Arslan for a great job flagging.

See you all out there next time!

Hell yeah I’m injured. No literally injured, strained a couple muscles, bruised my left knee trying to brace myself and cut my right leg on something?! That is a mandatory upgrade for this winter install my harnesses and get some race seats cause I spend too much energy tryin to stay in the seat.

Haha yeah sorry Dustin, that happens from time to time. I roll up on someone and fill the rearview mirror with angry GTR face…not wanting to tap out ppl push it a little to hard trying. It happened 4 times yesterday so stay safe and drive within the limits :slight_smile:

So for everyone wondering about the GTR (2g-Money) vs Caged S14 battle (Conky), I’ll let them both comment on what happened.

:slight_smile:

stop trying to start shit mark :slight_smile:

Dave, I definitely felt the pressure of the angry gtr grille in the rearview… it was fun though it was the hardest I pushed the car all day seeing if I could shake you but it wasn’t even close haha…

mark, get a bigger turbo :frowning:

I saw a lot of cameras walking around. Does anyone have anything to share?
I know the track had a guy shooting that was supposed to be selling DVDs with the photos but I left before he had set up to sell them.

I would love to see some pictures of the day.

dbl post sry…

You GTR guys were passing me like i was standing still, truely amazing cars you have!

Jon, It was nice to meet you… your s14 is absolutely insane, i love it!

Mark (driving Jon’s civic) - It was nice meeting you, and it was a great little battle we had goin a few times out there, nice driving bro!