Follow up on my cylinder 5 Misfire...

well, just got the news back today…

cylinder 5 had a hole in the piston…had a complete meltdown. Long story short, Im getting a Brand new Long block right from GM under dodge worlds expense…not costing me a dime :banana They think the kid before me sprayed it…however, it doesnt have anything to do with me so it doesnt affect warranty and neither does my headers.

Car ran REAL good for having a complete dead cylinder!

meh itll still be slow. lol good to hear its covered. GL on keepin her in one piece from now on homie

dude a hole in the pistons makes it lighter and adds 20hp per piston :lmao

Seriously, the car ran nice from what I heard with a fucked up piston, I’m suprised you dident catch it sooner but Im glad everythign worked out the SS is nice.

Sweet good to hear they’re replacing it :thumb

extended warrenty companys FTW thats basically how I make most of my money

Wow good looks on that new block. Usually dealers will do whatever they can to not pay for stuff like this.

Dodge world tried to get a junk yard motor put in there…but Luckily for me, me and my dad are real good friends with Bill Cass (northstar owner) and he said he will not allow a junk yard motor to go in there…and it hasto be a brand new long block :banana

The service manager at northstar also has a head/cammed 02 Trans am…he’s the one in control of my car…he’s the one whose telling me whats going on…Last I knew was dodge world was sending a Tech over this afternoon to take a look at my car.

Good to hear man, a shiny new motor. Hopefully they don’t try to jerk you around in the middle of them working on it.

The only guy that gets junkyard motors is JOHN HAHAHHAHA

sorry bro, you gotta laugh :haha

hey I had a junk yard motor in my V6 with 15psi for 2 years…no problems.

Very good news.

Sounds like that trap is going to go way up.

I’d be scared about what other abuse the previous owner did. :frowning:

good to hear their replacing it. what are you driving in the mean time

dont care!! Whatever other abuse that motor endured is no longer my problem!

Im gonna ask Northstar if I can have the old motor too…I can get a pretty good penny for the heads/valvetrain and the block!

Good point. Is this just the short block or the FULL long block? If long block, you are LUCKY. If short block, probably doesn’t matter about the abuse.

so maybe the previous owner ran the 13.3 on spray?? :confused

Awesome news, congrats!

full long block.

I want! Too bad your not getting a new intake with your motor… I need a LS6 intake bad

Someone on LS1tech said because my car is a 01 they could put in the LS6 motor and that its the same price…Im gonna talk to northstar today and see if thats at all possible…

01 and up LS1 had LS6 intake but I dont know if they will confuse the two or if they are the same price… I guess its worth a shot. The only difference is the heads and cam. The heads have taller valves to meet the .050 smaller base circle of the ZO6/LS6 cam. The PVC system is a little different too with ports in the valley cover

That’s sweet you’re getting a new engine. It would be awesome if you could grab your old block and heads.

Johawk - I think the LS6 block had a couple extra tweaks but nothing worth extra power?

BTW: I’ll prolly be selling my LS6 intake manifold at some point.