FOR ALL THE HYUNDAI HATERS!

FYI 2009 maxima is 0-60 in 6.2 with a CVT POS tranny which makesit feel like 10sec…and doesnt have anywhere near 50/50 weight distribution a its FWD end of story… There is no such thing as a fwd sports car!

FWD can be fun cars yea sure, but you can only go so far with it and you know it

No doubt, I am not doing the FWD vs RWD vs AWD. I was messing around with the 4DSC comment.
I have found sites that list the 09 Maxima at 5.8 and others at 6.2. Why don’t companies list the performance numbers on their website anymore?

It would if he made those obnoxious-ass commercials for all those, but he doesn’t, because acting like a 50 year old infant doesn’t seem to sell those brands…

He does they just are not in the Buffalo area. Go to Cuse or other areas he has dealers.

Or go to youtube and watch the one where he claims to talk to God.

shudders damn you Billy Fucillo, go back to the mafia and leave the automotive industry alone

Haha… I <3 my 94 Elantra

We’ve known rough performance numbers on the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe for some time now: 0-60 in under six seconds, up to 30 mpg with the 2.0T, and so on. But one set of key numbers has eluded us until now: price. Hyundai’s rear-drive performance hopeful will weigh in at $22,000 for the base 210-hp 2.0L turbo model, and the 306-hp 3.8L V6 will start at $25,000.

Despite being the price leader, the 2.0T still piles on a lot of kit including a six-speed manual transmission, a full compliment of brake-related electronics (ABS, traction control, brake force distribution, and brake assist) and 18-inch alloys wrapped in Bridgestone Potenzas. Standard creature comforts include keyless entry, cruise control, air conditioning, leather wrapped wheel and shifter, a six-speaker AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 player with USB port and steering wheel audio controls, and Bluetooth.

Tuner types and gearheads will probably be most interested in the newly announced mid-priced 2.0T R-Spec model ($23,750). Hyundai has chosen not to make the R-Spec a stripped-out lightweight performance model. As such, the model still includes things like the aforementioned six-speaker stereo, air-conditioning and remote keyless entry, but the 137-mph coupe also gets Hyundai’s full compliment of performance hardware, including uprated Brembo brakes, stiffened suspension, a Torsen limited-slip differential, and 19-inch gunmetal alloys wrapped with summer tires.

They priced it well, it should sell.

how can it be the 2009 car of the year when its only february?? Fuck everything else that comes out this year???

to answer my own question:
To be eligible for the top prize, a vehicle had to be all-new, completely redesigned or “substantially changed,” and available to customers during calendar year 2008.

you can polish a turd…

My gf is really starting to like this car, it is definitely a contender come spring… i would probably go with the Turbo 4 cyl, as im 100% sure i can boost the shit out of it on the cheap for her…

Hyundai has been one of the few companies keeping us busy at the Chicago Auto Show. Besides showing the Rhys Millen drift car and announcing pricing for the Genesis Coupe, the automaker trotted out the R-spec enthusiast model.

While the car they brought to the show is basically a concept, the R-Spec package will be available through dealers and will give performance junkies more in some areas and less in others. The full list of equipment is in the press release after the jump, but the highlights are a 210-hp turbo’d inline-four that returns 30 mpg and a top speed of 137 mph. Available only with the six-speed manual, it comes with stability control, ABS, electronic brake force distribution, 19-inch wheels, Brembos, a Torsen limited-slip differential, a beefier suspension and summer-only Potenzas. To reduce cost and weight, the R-Spec doesn’t include Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. Basically, the R-spec is packing all the heavy-hitting hardware from the Track model and ditches the frippery that drivers and customizers aren’t interested in.

The Genesis Coupe R-Spec will be available mid-2010 with a base price of $23,750, or $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model. That should allow a lot of extra cash for some tuner bits. Besides the performance tweaks, the R-Spec will only be available in three colors: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red. Good names, good colors, good kit and a good price. We’re sold. Check out the press release after the jump and the live gallery below.

Me either… plus 30-40K LOL get real.

Me too. I’ve had a few but they all had leather and v6’s, oh and they all sucked.

They all reminded me of a worse version of my 1996 V6 Grand Am… remember that car Avatar? :slight_smile:

i’d take it… V6 track thanks.

really?

I am going to try for a 2.0T R-Spec for a daily driver… cant beat 23k… The koreans are getting soem EASY power out of them… for ~ 1k you can net ~ 300WHP

The track does sound interesting… but I’d rather buy a 2 day old camaro with 100 miles on it for 25K and slap on a 2K blower and have ~500 whp. :stuck_out_tongue:

pretty sweet, attached is Rhys Millen’s new drift car.

[sarcasm]awesome!!![/sarcasm]

Also, let it be known that I like this car from a performance aspect only. I really tend not to judge MOST cars by their looks. If you want proof of that, see my sig.

Hell I even like the Honda Fit.

I like this car purely for the fact that it is RWD, comes in I-4turbo and v6, and because they are one of the few car companies building an affordable RWD performance based platform.

What

Whaaaaaaaat

You => :burnin:

There are lots of 4/6/8 banger RWD cars.

3 seriers
sky/soltice
Z-cars
f-bodies
mustangs
challenger/chargers
gto/g8
caddies
s2000
Lexus Is
etc

ok ok

now, lets break that list down to ones that start BELOW 25k
Also make a list of turbo 4 cylinders

oh yeah, there aren’t any.

Z-cars, s2000, sky/solstice would fall into my idea of a roadster/sports car. Not a 2-door sport compact.

f-body,mustang,challenger/charger,g8/gto are all more like muscle cars. Are any of them as small as the genesis coupe?

Lexus is300, caddy, are 4 door cars.

I will however say that 3-series and gto can be lumped together with the genesis as well as g35. However, that is 3 cars out of how many cars on the market?

You have to remember the class of car that you are discussing. Thinking that some of the cars in your list are in the same class as this is just ridiculous.

I was just saying there are a wide range of front engine rwd cars out there to choose from. The Coupe is expected to weight in at 3400 pounds, which isn’t exactly light. Even with a track version at 3100 pounds, that is what my C5 weighs. Plus I tend to bundle used car value in with new car values because I live in a real world, where there are used cars I can buy.

Edit: I’d rather be seen in an F-body listening to metalica then in a hi-un-die.

Interesting I guess you can go as far as having a kick ass factory FWD car then for ~20K.

Nurburgring Times:
8:18 Lexus IS-F
8:22 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
8:22 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32
8:22 BMW M3 E46