For the snowboarders/skiers...

Sorry to have to make you all mad…

Last weekend in Revelstoke was opening day and it sure was a good one.

Pics:

I’m going back in two weeks for some nice Cat access riding. I like.

Fucking sick man. Is this in the forested area when you hike up to the left off of the top chair?

Yea, I’m getting my pass for blue this year.

I miss boarding <3 It’s been 2 long years :frowning:

It was off to skier’s left. Right beside the cat access stuff.

Crazy good day. Only the upper runs to the top lift were open, yet I only managed to get 6 runs in.

Revy has the most vertical feet of any resort in North/South America.

That is so sick. Only thing good about winter.

I want to get a pass for Blue as well or maybe just settle for Dagmar since its less than 20 mins away.

Why cant we get snow like that here :frowning: Fucking rain

NICEEEEEEEEEEE! I cant wait to get out this year, just got a new board too. Anybody recommend some decent boots? I want something that isn’t HUGE on my foot, but is still pretty warm.

Northwave makes awesome boots but sadly there are no retailers in Ontario. Closest is Calgary I believe.

This season I’ll just be using my Ride boots, with my brothers Drake bindings. I’m in contemplation if I want to get another board or just use his. He managed to brake my Ride board 2 years ago and I haven’t gone since.

EDIT: Also forgot K2’s are amazing boots. Warm AND comfortable. The only store I’ve ever found had them was a boarding shop downtown near Steve’s music store. I forgot the exact name but it was only a couple shops down.

I have a Ride board from like early 2000’s (at least) and it is one of the best boards i have ever owned. Its really small (144) but its practically indestructible. This year ill be on a 167, ive never had a board that size, hopefully its not going to be too much different. I havent been out since 2006 either, gonna be like starting all over again.

Yea I’m a 147.
I forgot what year my Ride board was but I THINK it was 02? So far best I’ve ever road

*I’ll be using the Drake DA1 this year. It’s a little big for me seeing as how my brothers bigger but It’ll do.
I might find some cash to pick up a cheapy burton to wreck on this season though. I need a small board, I just feel more comfortable.

spynn56,

Ya, Northwave makes really nice boots. I picked up a set of this years Decade SL’s and I love them. Warmest and most comfortable boot I have ever had and I’ve had…I think 12 pair of boots so far. They seem to be holding their stiffness really well so far.

Believe it or not, but SportCheck is now a dealer for Northwave. Check a larger store for them. The best one they carry is the Legend SL, which is almost at the top for them. Great boot.

You are going to notice an immense difference between a 167 and 144. I notice a big difference going between my 162 (T6) and 157 (T Rice) Board.

!!! I’ve wanted the Decade’s for some time now.
SportCheck you say??? I shall be doing some Christmas shopping very soon :slight_smile:

Ya they’re sweet, but SC only carriers the Lengend SL. The Lengend’s are an amazing boot aswell.

Much cheaper aswell. The Lengend’s are $209 at SC. I paid $365 for my Decade’s at a local shop…SC FTW.

Lol, depending on what my boarding budget is I may have to get you to buy me some and ship em :wink: haha

I if were to do it again, I would buy the Legend’s. I really didnt notice much of a difference between the two and I could’ve saved almost $200.

Hmm, that’s food for thought I guess.
I’m going to try and find somewhere in Toronto that has them so I can re-try them and compare to the Legend’s.

I just spoke to my brother and he said he might know a place in closer to Barrie. I guess I might buy something this weekend than lol.

The only real difference I felt was in the stiffness. The Decade’s will most likely hold their stiffness longer too.

The lacing system on the two boots are soo fast and easy. It’s so nice to be able to remove them in like 10 seconds after a long day.

Cannot wait to get out to blue after seeing those pics :stuck_out_tongue: love my k2 setup!

^ I was going to take a short rip around the local ski hill in Calgary, but its like -20 outside…fuck that. haha

Oh man I would so be out there, full bella clava, goggles, parka lol. I would do anything for a big snowfall right now, way over due