forbes: Canada is best country in the world to do business

LINK

Interesting… i havent finished reading the article yet though.

in my experience with US companies that have Canadian operations… not just my own, the canadian ones out perform but are admittedly on a much smaller scale.

i had some experience with another company recently in the US that couldnt even figure out how to do business in Canada and thought it was the cultural differences that were preventing them from being profitable… pretty far fetched :slight_smile:

YAHHH Canada!!

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

http://ed101.bu.edu/StudentDoc/current/ED101sp10/lhobson/Images/Canadian%20Flag.gif

take it in americans!!! LOL

I just hate the fucking shipping cost when anything crosses the border… otherwise, I got no beef w/our northern friends. My lic expires next May, so I’m gonna get my EDL so I can go to the clean side of the falls again.

yes shipping costs are a nuisance to and from here.

brokerage business make a killing for nothing really.

that is also the reason for all of the seemingly unreasonable prices being asked for wheels in the network section :slight_smile:

add 20 - 30% for anything of that size when it comes across the border. Anything like that comes through ports in Cali, not Vancouver, so we have no significant stock of direct from asia goodies like wheels or other. We have to bear the shipping, duty and brokerage after it is already built into the USDM prices.

Canadians have always been good to me. Except for when they create chaos in front of the Galleria.

Otherwise, I’m happy to have it in my backyard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Isn’t Forbes the one that ranked Buffalo as one of the top cities in the US? I rest my case.

Send this link to Ralph Lauren. He’s not selling his paint in Canada and I have to ship a shit load of it up there every week, it’s pretty annoying.

About 65% of my sales here are dont with canadian customers. Obviously your RV market sucks hahaha I will take as many as I can from up there…Cash deals, no financing, bank checks same day is all good with me!

huge business selling to Canadians who cross the border.

i basically buy nothing in Canada… stuff is just too cheap in the US. It’s awesome taking advantage of how heavily under-taxed you guys are :slight_smile:

no inter-state tax has probably saved me tens of thousands of dollars or more :slight_smile:

I thought the cost of doing business in Canada was much higher due to all kinds of taxes?

Canada

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/6/best-countries-11_Canada_CHI019.html

Tax Burden: 9
Red Tape: 3
Personal Freedom: 1
Corruption: 6

USA

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/6/best-countries-11_United-States_CHI004.html

Tax Burden: 45
Red Tape: 8
Personal Freedom: 1
Corruption: 21

Pretty easy to see where we are failing…

i guess there is a differeing impact of corporate vs. personal taxes (retail, in-direct, personal income)… i’m assuming that anyways.

Most of the commentary on the forums from Canadians is a result of sales taxes… 13% in ontario vs. much much less throughout the US, particularly for on-line purchases out of state.