Formula 1 Indi

Wow. Have any of you seen such an event? Too bad only 6 cars got to race. I can only imagine how pissed the fans are in the USA.

For those of you that don’t know what happened yet:

Michiline and Bridgestone are the tire contractors for the F1 teams. Micheline said their tires are not safe to drive on this race due to manufacturing defect. So when it was all said and done, the race started, and only the bridgestone drivers ended up racing, and all of the rest pulled off into the pits and parked.

Only teams racing were Ferrari, Menardi Cosworth (sp), and Jordan. Two drivers each = 6 cars.

I feel for the fans, but what a bunch of retards. They were throwing trash on the track as the drivers came by. What a bunch of 'tards.

Hope Micheal wins!

I can understand their frustration. Formula One tickets are extremely expensive. Imagine paying $400 USD for two tickets and then watching 6 cars lap the track.

It gets even worse if you’ve travelled from somewhere to see the race, as passionate F1 fans are liable to do. Not that throwing garbage on the track is a smart idea, but I can certainly understand why they’d feel that way. I hope the organizers of the event personally have to go clean up the track by hand. Then they won’t let companies get away with that shit in their races.

Oh well - now that the yanks will hate Formula 1 even more, we can look forward to more NASCAR. :vom:

That is so not cool. Don’t endanger the drivers’ lives, its not their fault for what happened.

:axe:

Exactly. It is the tire manufacturers fault and the FIA for not putting that shicain in the straight to allow the race to continue (although it wouldn’t be a points race then).

It seems strange to me that a company like Michelin doesn’t have their shit together for a Formula 1 race. Sorry to everyone here that likes Formula 1, but the motorsport we need more of in North America is competitive rally racing. Far more exciting than F1, and at least the cars used have some roots in cars that can be purchased for the street.

the tickets for that race were 150 USD a peice as i was looking to go that one. and the issue with the chicane in the bank still would not have helped as the manufaturing made the belt and sidewall unstable at any sort of lateral g force applied.

I agree!! I would love to try to rally race!! Someone told that there are rally races in Hinton or some place like that!!

Yes, there are rally races in Alberta. About 5 this year I think - but I sure as hell am not going to enter my car. Perhaps this would be a good time to pick up a project car, like we’ve been talking about, eh? :smiley:

F@#IN EH!!

F1 racing is super fun to watch, just imagine 900hp 650kg 19000 rpm 400km/h with 3.0 litres…and they have like 4g’s of downforce at 360km/s, They could literally drive upside down, And it isn’t in an oval…so much fun.

Meh, there is hardly any passing, the cars don’t crash much, etc.

Some of the best racing I have ever seen was the British Touring Car championship - imagine a demolition derby with decent cars and insano drivers. :smiley:

And yes, oval racing = teh sux.

YOU ALL CAN GO TO HELL

i like nascar, yea thats right, have you noticed my CAT racing plate on the pathfinder,

scott wimmer #22

How come the guy with the vehicle that can’t take a corner only likes watching racing that goes the same direction every corner? :E

Sorry Bryce! :smiley: NASCAR isn’t for me, that’s for sure. But then again, look how many people in the US watch it. I’d pick NASCAR over televised drag racing or monster trucks any day.

ill take monster tucks over nascar any day cause monster tucks are damn cool! they so big and they crush cars like mine cause we tiny ^^ but yea i dont really get whats super exciting about NASCAR i mean its 4 speed pushrod V8 powered tubular chassis with aerodynamics that make the car look nothing like what it is “supposed” to be what happend to the original stock cars racings where they bought a car off the lot and drove it hellbent around the track that shit was dammned cool. but eh, basic technology and the aerodynamics that they use are not put itno practical applications on the street some companies are using F1 as a proving ground for technology for street useage i mean would’nt you want to know that the tech in your car can withstand a theoretical multiple F1 race weekends? i do, that would be awesome knowing the tire tech and treadwear charectaristics are tested on the track thru F1 before being applied to a mass produced street performance tire.

That stuff about F1 being a proving ground for the street is bullshit.

Oh sure, some of the technologies eventually filter down to the street, but not for long periods of time. F1 was experimenting with ceramic brake bits in the early 80’s, but Porsche never offered them on a street car much before 1990.

The tire technology could possibly filter down faster, but F1 tires aren’t tuned for the same things street tires need to be, like decent wear rates, reasonable comfort and road noise, protection against shocks like manhole covers and potholes, etc.

This is exactly why I love GT road racing - they use stock car bodies and frames, and the cars LOOK like stuff you can get at your local dealer.

agreed thre GT racing is where its at. someone with a few bucks can prep a privateer car and be competative.

the tire compounds is waht they realy testing in aspect to trickle down tech not the actualy tires and contruction cause thoes tire are hand made eh.

but yea there is a bit of trickle down tech going on. right now sadly its only going onton the supercar market.