Fort Hood Shootings

eek

:frowning:

Third shooting at PX as we speak

They haven’t said if it was military or civilian individuals doing the shooting… but they did say a high power sniper rifle was most likely used.

either way, :tdown:

yeah this is all happening right now, what the hell

I’m more surprised something like this hasn’t happened earlier.

Ugh wtf a ton of my friends are at ft.hood I did 15 months in Iraq with 1st cav.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

They’re now saying it looks like all the shooters are military, as well as the victims…

if i had to guess, some soldiers really, really, didn’t want to get re-deployed and went crazy

They’re saying that the shooter was a Muslim convert. The religion of peace strikes again…

4th ID here, 4thFSB attached to 1/66th Armor. everyone i was friends with that was @ hood came back in a box.

they really dont want to be deployed.

always a bummer when this shit happens.

my one civi friend’s an IT guy @ the hosptial that’s on hood… says if he see’s a camera he’ll wave.

12 dead and 31 wounded :frowning:

from cnn:

The slain gunman was Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, according to a law enforcement source.

guess that’s a pretty good possibility…

expect this from a lower enlisted… big brass though, eesh

Shouldn’t sign up then. Sucks though. Thanks to all those in here that served. I don’t think veterans and troops get enough recognition

Edit: deleted…not the same guy

What the fuck.

That’s a tough thing to say with how the modern military works… The majority of people who sign up don’t do so to go to war. They do it for the huge sign-on bonuses, GI Bill, college credits, etc so when they leave they can have a good career. At least that’s what they are told they are joining for.

Not to say that’s a good excuse, i mean it IS the MILITARY and one should expect to have to partake in MILITARY operations, but it’s quite obvious that the advertised incentives for joining are all aimed at making people see everything except the war side of the military. Not to mention they aren’t aimed at the people who are bright enough to see through all the recruiting flare and hype.

haha, i remember the first day of basic training at benning, one of the first lines out of the drill sgt’s mouth was, “Your recruiter LIED to you!”.

but on topic, I have a feeling that all that stuff doesn’t really fit in here. A man of this guy’s rank knew exactly what the military was about, he wasn’t some guy fresh out of basic thinking “oh no what have i done?!?! war?!?! oh noes?!?!”
No, the motive is probably something a lot more personal, and sadly it looks like religion may be it.

look at his organizations and stores on facebook./