Forza 2

http://forzamotorsport.net/NR/rdonlyres/0EDF8000-28EF-46F1-9D68-2A81BACA86C6/0/FM20905062_tn.jpg

Most screenshots too big to post.

Check out more screenshots and features at:

http://forzamotorsport.net/

Wonder if they will finally improve the AI so that they actually drive insted of trying to purposely kill you, and that they learn with experience? Possibly also revamp the figure skating physics, cars shouldn’t shimmy at 70 mph through a tight turn.

Just pre-ordered today, and already they’ve pushed the game back from it’s latest November 11 release date, now they are saying February :roll:

the videos looking amazing on X-box live, plus real HD racing, not that bullshit that GT4 pulled is really nice

I’ll be sticking with Gran Turismo. Much better physics. Thanks.

yeah on a much outdated system with no collision modeling…thanks

Actually, the physics in GT4 are tweaked big time. People are so used to the physics that when you play something like Forza it seems completely screwed up. My honest opinion, and I’m not just saying this as an Xbox fan boy, the physics engine of Forza is much better. A good example is to go into the telemetry when watching a replaying. You can see almost anything you want in regards to forces that affect a car: G-force, tire temps (real time), bound/rebound on the shocks, even the amount of contact of all four tires and the real time speed of each tire at any given moment.

The physics of GT4 were dummed down for to get more sales from the game. Like I said, not hating on GT4, just ask anyone who knows me, I have always loved Gran Truismo, I just think the M$ is doing things the right way instead of worrying too much about the bottom line.

GT HD graphics look 10x better.

Forza always felt way to much like an arcade game to me Itagaki, that’s just where I’m coming from. I’m sure I’ll play Forza 2 at some point and give it a chance, but the first felt way to “project gotham” to me. Also, I couldnt care less about damage, most of the time my driving is good enough in game that I’m not hitting shit. Hell I even enjoy trying to pass the computer only with clean lines and punish myself if I punt them. Until you get a few drinks in me, then I act like I’m a honors student at the Dmoffitt school of Gran Turismo driving.

:rofl:

I was in the same boat as you were originally. Then I started really getting into lap times versus real world cars etc. I know that I’m pretty good at the video game, but there was no way that I was putting down lap times that were seconds faster than real world equivalents. I tried Forza originally and didn’t like the way it felt at all. Then I started to realize that it was much more realistic. You have to roll into the throttle coming off a turn in a well powered RWD car, not just mash the throttle like you can in GT4 a lot of the time.

Either way, I know I’m gonna own both at some point in time and probably spend a little too much time (but only during the winter) playing each.

EDIT: Having damage can be fun though. Its a great feeling when you can win a race after the suicidal AI (as RX3 described) puts you into a wall in the first turn and your left front control arm is obviously bent.

I really liked forza
but was turned off by how little I could use one car (i get attached) and the difficulty really ramped up at one point.
I still really liked the game.

New Forza 2 images from X06 showing:

FM2 @ X06 - 40 new images part I

FM2 @ X06 - 40 new images part II

Also, new in-game footage:

First FM2 in-game footage

and damage model video:

FM2 Damage Model Video

Last but not least, the

Forza 2 Racing Wheel

person using the wheel has never played a racing game in their life.

nah uh, having both in my posession, the HC froza videos are extrermely better looking, and more crisp than GT4

I am comparing GT5/GT HD to Forza 2.

Forza2

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/269/932731_20060927_screen007.jpg

GT HD
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/264/928379_20060922_screen001.jpg

ill just take the real cars and drive them…ok really ill stick with my XBOX regualr and regular Forza…Video games only fill in the boring times when i am stuck in the house

How can you have both in your possession when GT4 HD hasn’t even been released yet?

Looks promising so far. I like the real in-car view and I know the audio will be better than the GT series (almost everything is better in that respect, really).

I just want to see if the same wheel/pedal combo can be used for both games, because I’m not buying two.

leave my Turn-by-Oponent’s-Rear-Quarter style out of this :wink:

I thought we were talking about the fact that you could run gt4 in “hd”

Its not “real” HD. It up-mixes the output to 1080i, but the actual resolution is still the same as if it were going thourgh composite/S-video. So in that regards, Forza would look much more crisp.

hence the quotation, its just upconverted from 480i