GT5 vs. Forza [graphics comparison]

After ranting in the NFS Shift photo thread, and seeing the new 458 Italia promo videos from Polyphony Digital and Turn 10, I decided it was time to start a thread.

GT5: http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/kohanson/458Italia2.jpg

Forza: http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/kohanson/458Italia3forza.jpg

Check out the two videos here:

GT5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a0MMk3VFps&feature=player_embedded

Forza: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFJ1XryU0lU&feature=player_embedded

Any thoughts on the car? I’m excited to take it for a spin when GT5 ships, and compare it to the F430 and hopefully 360 (regular and Scuderia/Stradale models).

GT5 ftw!

The Gran Turismo series will always be the best all-round racing simulator, unless Sony manages to screw it up, but its been good for like almost 14 years now?

Forza looks like a light show, but that’s the 360’s fault…

Regardless, I’ll be getting both games but I’ll actually pay for GT5 lol

Clearly GT5!!

wow, that looks like real life oO

good comparison white2abbit.
GT5 fo lyfe!!

I thought it was a given that GT5 graphics were better. Graphics isn’t everything though. Gameplay / Online features for the forza series > GT

Hell yea GT5 for the win…only thing forza has going is swaps!!

GT5 is still 5 years away, at best.

At least the Forza series releases games.

And it’s lame that the GT5 vid is available in HD, but the Forz3 vid is only available in shitty standard youTube quality…

cough physics :wink:

i knew there was a reason why i sold my xbox and bought a ps3

for some reason the forza 3 screen looks more realistic.
looks like someone covered the GT5 model with clear nail polish.

Lol. what about them?

I wouldn’t be able to tell you FM3 has better physics than GT5 since I’ve played neither, but from having played GT5:P and FM2 I can say thatPhysics wise both games deliver.

Edit: Better FM3 Pic.

Honestly, I loves GT, but Forza is coming out in a few more weeks!! WOOOOOH!!

As for GT, there has been word that it’s going to be released sometime at the end of the year, AFTER x-mas. So cheeaaayyy, time to buy a PS3 :wink:

Forza hands down.

Not being a fan boy. And not being an electronic freak either.

My opinions are;
In Forza the car fits…it does not seem out of place. The graphics put into the car and the surroundings are equal.
The Sounds in Forza has ALWAYS surpassed GT by miles.

GT the car is always more focused on then anything else
Sounds, not all that good.

Forza…Still! FTMFW!

xbox vs ps aside, I take forza. never like GT’s anyways.

sorry to burst your bubble guys but there is something called pre-rendered and realtime animation.

Pre-rendered is like film, just what you view, while realtime is as it implies something happening at this very instant (eg: physics, graphics, sound, etc… calculations/instructions/code etc… on the go).

These things look nothing more than pre-rendered junk and if it is realtime well it certainly won’t be play realtime but say the power of the ps3 or whatever utilized JUST all out for a strictly orchestrated demo.

Sony has been well known for duping people with shit like this. I remember the fake ps2 crap (tons of it) that stole the limelight of the dreamcast and ultimate demise of the dreamcast. When they showed GT1 stuff remodeled and running on SGI hardware at like mega high resolutions… when ps2 actually came out lol… different story.

Same with say ff7, the FMVs were ground breaking at the time but the realtime play was not anywhere near close… lol today though those FMVs suck than some realtime games though :smiley:

None the less cool videos

And as I was saying here’s some realtime Forza 3 gamplay video:

GT5: Prologue (well I guess not quite GT5 but kinda how GT4 prologue came out before GT4)

Dude it does not look even CLOSE to that. Unless maybe you’re playing on a 13" black and white TV with string for your cables. With proper hardware, it looks a LOT better.

Maybe not exactly like the demo video, but pretty damn close. Have you ever played it?

PS: anyone with NFS Shift notice that the cars don’t even make noise when you let off the throttle or downshift? Fucking hilarious.

Also, which steering wheels work with Forza? Can you hook up a Logitech G25 (I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuinely curious)…last time I played Forza (could have been 1 or 2, but it was definitely on a 360), you could only use the Microsoft wheel which was garbage.