THIS is why FM3 wins.

Where’s your copy of GT5? I’ve been playing this bad boy for the last 4 hours.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/DJPyromancer/Picture3-1.jpg

Game is awesome. Back I go…

DJPyromancer <XBL tag

Been playing for 3 weeks. heheheeeee

BLKJ SaNTi

Yeah yeah, not all of us are Blackjack elite. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just parodying that GT5 thread that linked to a wall of text article.

Thats because Forza has something to prove. GT5 is established and people trust there R & D team. I’ll stick to GT4 for now until GT5 comes out.

I don’t want to start hating again, but Forza is crap.

The commercial even sucks. It looks awesome while they’re showing off the real cars…when the Audi comes in and starts peeling away it doesn’t even look like it’s driving on the road (more like hovering).

This is the commercial I’m referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mYtI4ScHo – although you can’t really tell from this crappy res. version.

GT5P > Forza 3…I can only imagine how great GT5 will be.

Oh, and doesn’t it say something when the STEERING WHEEL costs less than the game? Was looking through a Futureshop flyer the other day and saw the Microsoft wheel for $79, and Forza for $89.

Does the Microsoft wheel even come with pedals? LOL?

And ya, the Fanetic wheel is decent, but the G25/G27 is better.

Sorry guys, but Forza FTL.

Forza has it’s ups, but these upsides are the ones that appeal to 14 year olds that haven’t started driving yet, IMO.

And no, GT5P/GT5 won’t be perfect, but it will be a lot better than Forza.

The guys at Turn 10 are dicks too.

edit no offense to anyone or anything (re: my 14 year old comment). I bought NFS Shift and have enjoyed it to some extent (it’s cool to drive a Kouki with the rims of my choice)…but I can’t even begin to compare it to GT5 Prologue. I’m sure if any of you Forza fans had some good seat time in GT5P/GT5 with a G25/G27, you’ll agree with me.

Sure it was a wall of text, but it was a great read. That’s like calling any great book a “wall of text”, or any good movie a “roll of film”. What’s your point lol? Of course it will be boring to many, but if you’re into racing games, it should be worth the read…

Can’t WAIT to get home an play!! so antsy right now

I can only imagine how great GT5 will be.

Yeah… pretty much.

Turn 10 are dicks? where that come from lol. You sound hurt man.

Forza 1, 2, and 3 have seen light before GT5 even has true confirmed release date.

GT5:P is BLAND. Extremely BORING. True, it’s a demo. A demo I had to pay $40 for, with terrible online play and no substance to it what so ever.

I don’t even think you’ve ever tried FM3 or the demo at least.

I am, and I read it, and it wasn’t that great an article. Sorry.

Look at all the Playstation fanboys getting butthurt over this… FM3 is a phenominal game, and yes the physics are better than Gran Turismo 1-4. I haven’t played GT5P yet so I’ll reserve judgement, but I don’t really hold high hopes.

The only real selling point in my eyes, for the PS3/GT5 is the wheel. Which I would use on my PC, for rFactor or Live for Speed before I’d use it on a console based GAME.

At the end of the day, as every single other thread about these games has ended, if you own a PS3, you’re probably gonna get GT5, if you own a 360, you’re probably gonna get FM3.

The fact remains, FM3 came out first, and will either be better, or damn well on par with GT5. With all the hype and build up for GT5, it better damn well push me back into my seat when I play it.

To be fair, I’ve played the demo with a controller. However, I had also recently played GT5p with a controller (I dislocated my shoulder so I couldn’t use the wheel), and it felt a lot better.

It was this “wall of text” that gave me the impression they are dicks: http://www.gtplanet.net/forza-vs-gran-turismo-a-war-of-words/

To call them dicks would be a bit harsh…maybe I’m just ranting now.

Santi, what do you use to play with? Controller? Microsoft wheel? Fanetic?

If I had a 360 I would, without missing a heartbeat, pickup Forza 3 to keep me occupied until GT5 is released.

Although GT5P is just a “demo”, I’ve spent more time playing it than any other racing game. Trying to beat my own time trials/drifting scores is incredibly fun, especially if you’re playing with an equally-skilled buddy. The online stuff and gameplay depth might not be there, but the driving experience is what keeps me at it.

In other news, my PS3 laser is broken, so I haven’t and won’t be playing anything for a while (1 month repair time under warranty).

I would like to give Forza a shot with the Fanetic wheel, but I can’t afford to spend $600-$700 to purchase the console, game, and wheel.

I agree with everything you’re saying, minus the “on par or better” part. I think GT5 will blow it away. Yes it’s taking too long, but oh well, I’ll wait.

I’ve been working for a Mac/iPhone software developer for almost 3 years now, and am starting to really understand the whole “release date” game. Before working here I’d also always complain about things taking to long to be released. But now, on the developer side of things, I see what goes on.

Anyways, when GT5 comes out, you’re welcome to come over and check it out.

just got home and starting to play mine!

Gamertag: JTrnka

Honestly i feel like this is the third thread , debating the exact same thing

It definitely is lol.

Free posts though :stuck_out_tongue: lol. Someone buy me a 360 , a ps3, FM3, and when gt5 comes get me that, and ill settle this argument :slight_smile:

Ok so let me kill this argument Forza sux because PSP Gran turismo graphics are on par with it…

Haha.

using the clutch with the controller is just no fun. i’m going to start adding everyones gamertag and maybe we can get a group thing tonight haha

but props to landon man…
he started the entire forza drift scene by himself and assembled a team of elite drifters.
now that hes working for turn 10, a lot more drifting related feature might hopefully be added.
and congrates to santi for being on Blackjack. how long hav u been on it ?

I dont get the game, I put it in, start loading it, screen froze, restarted and these 3 red lights came on. thats not a fun game. Thats 2 360s now.
Thanks microsoft. I guess im waiting another 3 weeks to try forza, back to nfs on my reliable ps3.