found a leak in my gas tank

found a leak in my gas tank today now i no why am wasteing so much gas, well is there a putty out there that well sell the whole or do i need a new tank if so ,

wut do u guys think go oem or aftermarket if so why

your thoughts would be nice asap thanks

WILL* seal the whole

call the fire department they will do it for free becuase its a hazard my brother got a leak called them they fixed it temporarly

Go to a hobby shop. Either the ones that sell R/C cars, or static model kits. Purchase this stuff called Milli-Put. Take a small chunk of each stick and mix 'em together. Apply it to the hole and let it dry/harden. The stuff dries into a rock-like density… No, I haven’t used it on my car, but I have used it to patch a hole in my buddy’s aquarium. I patched it on the INSIDE. Its resistant to water. I’m not too sure about fuel… If your tank is pretty much empty, it should be okay, otherwise, run it close to empty first.

But other than that, bring your butt over to the dealership and get a new tank! You don’t wanna end up with a fire-damaged 240 :wink:

It’s called JB Weld. Canadian Tire.

And then start looking for a part out and get a new tank.

If Vlad doesn’t take it, I’ve got one for you.

Temporarily fix it for the time being. Find a new tank ASAP, dont try to patch the tank and keep driving normally, get it fixed properly, especially when dealing with a flammable material like gasoline ;). I don’t know about after market tanks for the 240. Have you asked Nissan about a new gas tank?

lol, aftermarket tanks for a 240? You mean a straight on JDM tyte fuel cell lol?

Don’t bother going to Nissan as one of your ‘early’ options. You’ll get r@ped by their prices. Look for a partout first. Check the classifieds. Theres a few S13s being parted out. (Assuming yours is an S13)