Gas filler neck leaking *Pics

I usually fill the car up 1/2 way but i filled it full just to see how many kms i can get out of my SR. Forget that now…its constantly leaking from the filler neck that joins to the tank. Any sudjestons? Im driving around burning gas just so it will stop leaking and i can dry it off and use 2 part gas tank puddy stuff…
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/7304/16122006003zm8.jpg
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6082/16122006004fy6.jpg

dude if your baller get a fuel cell or a plastic gas tank lightweighttt, but if your going to street drive than just fix it or replace it

buy another gas tank devon, its not that hard to re and re it

just buy a new one…it will save you time and money down the road.

I doubt its the tank itself thats leaking…Its clearly coming from between the joint of the filler neck and the tank. Im going to attempt pulling it apart and seing how i can seal it properly…2 part gas puddy stuff didnt work. Anyone know any silicone type products that will resist gas? Otherwise ill make a rubber that will sandwhich between the tank and filler neck and line it with that gas puddy.

You will more than likely not be able to get that apart without breaking those bolts (if they are even bolts heh).

If you get a new (used) tank, it will come with the filler neck on it.

You do not want to use that thing… The hardest part is the removal of the actual tank from the car. at that point you will not be able to fix that thing.

Theo

Just buy a used tank and swap it. Its not hard just time consuming and its definetally not worth taking it apart and potentially ruining it more than it is. Drain the gas first though or drive it all out because the lighter the tank is the easier it is to get down.

and the less stoned you’ll get, fuel pump swaps are the funnest in that manner, injectors could come in 2nd or 3rd haha

pffft devon u could have that thing in and out quickly. It takes barely no time at all. I think it took me a total of 10 minutes to take out my gas tank my gas tank on my last my car. Thats including jacking it up. If u have power tools its quicker.

Switching fuel units is a breeze too. The whole job may take upwards at MOST an hour

that easy eh? anyone got an extra tank? i think mines has a leak…

LOL i think that doing fuel lines are number one for that!