Neon guys, step inside please

i’ll keep this short, my gf has a 95 dodge neon. lately when she’s been putting in gas, it will suddenly bubble back and up out of the filler neck and run down the side of the car. its to the point where she can only pump a few dollars at a time. now i’m not a dodge guy, i deal mostly with nissans. i had this same problem with my sentra and it was my tank vent control valve. i’m assuming it is the same problem on the neon. so, if this is actually the problem, where is the valve located? is this something i can do in my driveway or do i need to drop the tank? thanks in advance for the help everyone.

Filler neck needs to be replaced I would imagine.

common problem on neons…

the filler tube rusts under the little protection shield on the side. cut that part out and use a piece of hose rated for fuel and some stainless clamps.

i used boat exhaust hose on my wifes cause a friend had it laying around. its been in there for 2 years. problem solved.

brian

lol ive never heard of the gas spitting back out at ya and ive owned 5 of them, replace the neck, which is common on NORTHERN neons, i got a nice one from texas for 100$, rust free =)

Sounds like the filler neck is the issue with these. If for some reason it’s not that, the tank vent is def a possibility.

ya maybe the tank vent possibly… i hate filling up my jet skis because they always do this