found out why notch was overheating

months ago i parked the notch cause it was overheating and i suspected a head gasket or head. since i got the car it had slight overheating issues. even when i ran 13.38 in stock trim it had overheating issues. well finally today i got off my lazy arse and decided to tear into it so i could have my winter ride again and im tired of driving my truck daily. so heres what i found

damn, that sucks. well get er fixed up

also found my massive oil leaks. the valve covers had been off before. someoen put cheap gaskets there. but never tighted the covers. also my rear intake seal was blown out.

half temped to put a few goodies on it

that sucks!!!

gee the vaule covers where never off!:rolleyes:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

well can say rest of motor wasnt touched just valve covers. also the cylinder walls look good not scratches or anything. not bad looking for a 165k mile motor and not much sludge in that motor at all.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

its all stock… it must of been from the hard driving.

car is stock. come look at it. unless you count no cats, flows and K&N modded then i guess its not then

but enough on that subject, just need gaskets and a fan controler and it should be back on road soon

cough gears cough

enough!!! with it already. its been almost a year now

and a step from 308 to 355 isnt much

Right Stuff will fix it

sht i didnt think of that, i just tossed it away lol

you don’t need the gasket just right stuff FTW

now thats another though

then why would you want to go 4:10 to 4:56??? it must make a difference

thats a huge difference from a stoc k308 gearing. but again that was almost a year ago. point is its going back on road soon for how long who knows. and if it ran what it did with a bad gasket wonder how it will run if i can actually bump timing up

sorry didnt mean to go off topic, eurodad is right, but glad to see u found out the problems, get it fixed now!

need to get gaskets. debating on if i want to switch to MAF setup from my Hatch or not. i got a cam lying around but not sure i want to deal with another cammed ride and its behaviors…probably just toss it together and drive it to it dies

im comparing your truck with 4:10s and wanting 4:56 to the car 3:08 to 3:55 same thing. if it makes no differemnce they why would you want to do it?