found out why notch was overheating

i got the gears for 10 bucks main reason there

as for going from 410s to 456s, truck needed more RPM to go thru traps

and most ppl dont even waste the time to go from 308s to 355s. most go righ tto 373 or 410s.

:slap:

still got those headlights?

Since heads are off y not go with GT40 heads?

it would be nice to put heads on this car but i dont have the funds to put it together. i have head gakets and head bolts left over from my other stang. i just need the intake gasket kit along with header gaskets and im set. minus a fan controller.

if i did the heads i might as well find a explorer intake and then toss in my cam i got from the other car but again no money

Hmmm,i know of an exploder 5.0 motor around here for cheap:idb:

how much?

Not too sure on the exact peice but i would say around 300-400 if not cheaper,the yard is going out of business in a year and he is liquidating shit. Tha is if he still has is but i am sure he does

find out asap, im thinking of having these heads checked to make sure they arent cracked or warped anyways

are the stock drag radials that came with the car also going on?

sold for 150 long ago

never had drag radials on the notch, sorry try again buddy but would be nice to try the QTPs off the truck on the notch for this year but doubt clutch will hold up

I’ll call tomorrow…

good boy!! :beer:

you had some kind of tire on it, never paid attention as to what though.

:rolleyes: :greddy:

they were JJs old dry rotted bald QTPs that had a plug in one of them on a 7" rim. if you remember i spun them badly each pass. so basically same as a street tire then.

we all know once you hit a point in a drag tires life when it does worse then a street tire

still better than a street tire. i used lou’s old tires of his car i had a couple passes before cords come through.

maybe if they were on a proper sized rim. the contact patch was horrible. a 11.5" tire on a 7" rim just doesnt do the job.

but i would like ot run it with stickies this year but dotn think the clutch will hold

still better than a street tire. i used lou’s old tires of his car i had a couple passes before cords come through.

lol i seen u make a pass on those old slicks with the cords showin…i was nervous…thought u were gonna blow that tire on the burnout