what a day

just when i thought i was done toying with my engine for the season… Something in the engine fries :mad: don’t know if the head gasket went or maybe something turbo related went. Personally im leaning towards turbo related cause leading upto today now that i think about it, the performance just hasnt been what it was when i first got it tuned but anyway.

it was the last run at autocross today. not having a decent set of runs really either but all in all i was progressively getting better times. anyway downshifted into first going through the first turn around and punched it. shifted into second was hella sluggish felt almost like i was in 4th instead, next thing i know i hear a sound similar to a blow off valve and a shit load of white smoke comes pouring out of the exhaust. I shut it down imediately and get the roll of shame back to the staging area.

Josh was nice enough to give me a hand checking everything out. The whole intake assembly was smoking and the filter element seemed saturated with oil. there was also a few random splaters in the engine bay. no oil or coolant mixed anywhere nore did there appear to be any leaks or anything in the intercooler.

Got it towed to hybrid for diagnosis tomarow and we’ll go from there. the Tow truck lady was hot too! so it was a nice ride to the shop. heh i guess that made me some what lucky.

Good luck with that. There was definately somthing dripping from the passenger side.

If you checked the oil and it dosent look like chocolate milk that means your headgasket may be still good.

From the sound of it and your description it looks like somthing might have went awry in the turbo and it blew crap out of the intake coating the MAF sensor in oil and coolant thus causing your abnormally rich and lumpy idle.

Oh, and Did you get her number?

booo now i cant run you… in all seriousness i hope all is well with the scooby… good luck man

that was coolant from when josh cracked the turbo resevoir i think. Hoping its just the turbo.

No didnt get her number. :IDIOT: she was pritty cool too.

Yea i know i wanted to run you… oh well after all this is sorted out. lol hopefully i can get it all straight before the next autox event.

Yeah I hope that works out for you that totally sucks. Hopefully is just the turbo. :frowning:

Anyways hope to see it running again soon.

talked to mike he thinks i fried the turbo but it wont be under warenty doh! we’ll see what hybrid has to say later

Maybe a good chance for a bigger turbo, Maybe

Send that sucker back to FP. Sounds like you blew a seal in a catastrophic way.

Hope everything goes well, i hated to see your car towed off man.

lol i was thinking about that but then id have to pay mike to retune EVERYTHING again.

update?

why wouldn’t it be under warranty?

Not much is stock under the hood. I hope he gets something out of it.

If it’s a new turbo, and it was professionally installed, shouldn’t it have a manufacturer warranty on it?

That doesnt matter much when you run a BOV that doesnt work and causes compressor surge so bad that it blows the shaft bearings out of the turbo…i’ll have my guys post pics of what happens there is a nice long streak of oil all over my parking lot and the bushes behind the car :lol:

no shit. That sucks balls.

:tdown: Hope the next one works out better bro.

Stock BPV FTW!!!

agreed

what BOV didnt work?