Foundation repair contractor in Buffalo?

I’m thinking it might be time to address a bowing foundation wall in my house. Sometime over the house’s 54 year history bowing problems were addressed, as evidenced by the 4 pilasters on 2 basement walls. When I bought the house, the home inspector said to keep an eye on one section that looked like it may need one more. Well, I think it needs it but I want an expert to come tell me if I need to do anything else to ensure that there is no more movement.

So, does anybody know someone reliable/trustworthy in Buffalo with experience with foundation repair?

misteroman should know someone

TTT

Resurecting this from the dead…

Can anyone recommend me a structural engineer? Potential home that I would like to have assessed for previous bowing repair (pilasters).

-Chris

Franks Basement Systems does foundation repair.

Good thread to follow for future reference…

Utech.

Have you worked with them in the past? I see they offer free estimates for homeowners, I imagine that it’ll cost to have them come out considering I don’t own it.

I just want piece of mind before I go any further with this place. It’s the only aspect I’d be concerned about.

I had them look at a pretty serious foundation problem for a customer’s house. Very knowledgeable and got back to me quickly. I can’t speak to whether they would charge you for the estimate. Couldn’t hurt to ask. I worked with Jim.

I had Franks repair 4 vertical cracks that were letting in a small amount of water during heavy rains. The work was done Oct or Nov 2012 and I’ve had zero issues since. Everyone I talked to that had various types of foundation work done by Franks had nothing but good things to say about them. They’ve followed up twice since the repair was done, usually a few days after some crazy rain storm, just to make sure I was happy with the work. Even after this springs huge melt and several massive rain storms I’ve had no issues.

I also got a quote from ABS and was not impressed at all with their plans or the fact that they wouldn’t guarantee the repair at all. Their entire plan was based on “we’ll do this so if you get water”. The point of the repair was so that I wouldn’t get water. Franks on the other hand guaranteed their repair for the life of the house and the warranty was transferable to the next owner.

Can I have Franks number please :slight_smile: Thanks.

Yeah, please post…

First four hits are them…