free agency (NHL)

we just signed Gonchar…incase u didnt know hes an AllStar caliber defenseman who can score. thats sweet. Kovalev just re-signed w/ the Habs so thats out of the question. also Straka signed w/ NYR, so i dunno what we r gonna do about another vet forward. and incase anyone cares Abid went to Atlanta. also there is some static to get Malkin (as w/ all players in that russian league) so we’d have to payout a decent amount to get him.

Gonchar was the leauge leading scoring defenseman for the last 6 seasons

well we need malkin!

I heard on ESPN that they were trying to work something out with Nick Hoth’s agents to get him in the burgh to be a power foreward

we dont have enough salary room… there is a cap now ya know!

:d

room for what?..another semi-star player? i would think we would, most of our team makes under a million a year and the guys we have to resign that r restricted arent gonna make all that much

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh i thought u (Smort) were reffering to me, instead of what chad said

penguins dont have enough to sign Hoth, he’s a high price player, i mean he was leading bench sitter at IUP, thats huge… :finger:

not cause of his style of play, but his style of schoolwork

no smokey… i agree with you 100% on the salary stuff. i think theyll be fine. there is plenty of room left. i was hoping for kovalev but o well. are they talking to anyone else?

is the opener sold out yet?

i was there to play some hockey…didnt know you have to attend school as well…fuck now wonder why i was asked to leave!

fixed

i believe they only have a couple of tickets left…

ok. better call now

yesterday i read that we were one of like 3 teams talking to Modano, but now i heard he is expected to re-sign w/ the stars, so i dunno. he might be alittle more than we were lookin to spend in the first place. also, now that we have Gonchar that pretty much shoots down the possibility of getting Neidermayer too. so the players i heard the most about us getting, seems like none of them r comin here

Individual games dont go on sale till mid sept.

Anyone wanna go in on a lux box for the opener?? :smiley:

sure i got 5 on it… :blue: how much is it?