free Schick® Quattro® Titanium Razor

bump

Woah, forgot all about this. Then much to my shock I find two boxes of them, realizing that one is for me. And the other for the room-mate. Apparently they didn’t pay attention to addresses. :lol:

Hooray for free shit. I needed to shave anyways. :tup:

EDIT: Mach 3 vs. Quattro

So I just so happened to have both razors, the worn old mach 3. And The brand new quattro. Obviously this would be a duel to the death as they both have pointy sharp razor blades.

So to start off I shaved the right side of my face with the quattro. Holding it in my hand, it felt of good build quality. From the rubber grips to the metal handle. However the balance of it was quite off due to it’s huge head. It felt kind of unwieldy due to it’s size, kind of like those giant crayola markers used in elementary school. Only with really heavy on one end. But it looked fast in in a ricer would in their sweet fuel-sipping race car kind of way.

Whereas the Mach 3 is quite ugly. It doesn’t pull any fancy-girly bullshit. It looks like someone just decided to take a metal pen, and stuck a razor on the end. However due to the no-bullshit approach it keeps it quite light, and well balanced. No unnecessary decor at all. Although it feels kind of cheap much like your average domestic.

Now to move on to the shaving bit of things, for the right side of my face I used the quattro first. It felt nice and smooth, in fact so smooth it really didn’t seem to be shaving all too close on the first pass. Because it wasn’t, the front heavy balance made it a bit odd to hold. I figured the wire guard would at least help a bit, but instead upon finishing. My face felt irritated, and ended in two nicks. This was not acceptable by any means. However it did work very nicely in the underneck region that is typically more difficult to reach.

So back to the trusty Mach3. It almost felt as if it was ripping the hairs out, which I considered a good thing it let me know it was working. Could be because it didn’t need to be held at such an awkward angle. But it also had more room to flex too making it much less important. But the result ended up be a much smoother feel at the end with little irritation despite the tearing sensation. The underneck/lowerjaw region was difficult though due to the boxy design of the cartridge. Where the Quattro was more curved making it easier.

Overall, in the end the Quattro did feel a bit smoother but the result was not impressive but better than a disposable at least But I would have easily prefered my old Tracer over that. So personally I only give it :tup::tup::tup: of :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup: