Fresh paint question

All you guys out there that do bodywork/paintwork…I have a dilemma. I just took the Z in to get a dent pulled out of the front fender, they blended it into the door, but since there were so many rock chips in the bumper, they sanded it down and resprayed the entire bumper. Here is the dilemma. It was painted on Thursday, and I am leaving this Wed for an 1100 mile round trip jaunt down to NC. Can I put my bra on for the trip? Or how about blue painters tape (I’ve taped her up before for long trips but not sure on fresh paint)…PLEASE…I don’t want to drive her 1100 miles with a nice shiney non chipped bumper. I would like to just get it clear bra’d after the 90 day cure out…suggestions? :frowning:

bra would prob do more harm than good

your gonna get more bugs on the front than rocks. I dont know if thiers a product out thier for bug removal for fresh paint.

I’m sure some one with 100 times more knowledge than me will chime in.

theres a product that they make thats like a bra and painters tape but clear. So its the best of both worlds dont get the harm of the bra and it comes off as easy as tape. Plus you really dont see it. Ill see if i can find it.

http://www.clearmask.com/vehicle_page.php
Bam, there you go, and its made by 3M. AND they make it PRE CUT for your car.

^like star boy said,also u dont have to wear a bra(picsplease):smiley:

Thanks for the link Starboy. I can’t put a clearbra on there until the paint cures tho…That is exactly what I will need tho…:smiley:

Leave it to pewter to make a crack about the bra :rofl:

I need something that won’t hurt the fresh paint… and allow it to breathe but be protected.

if paint is fresh,so it softer,may not chip as ez,now lets talk about the pic!white t & wet?:smiley:

take the front cover off :smiley:

Well starboy is correct with the 3M clear bra but unfortunatly u can,t use that yet,ur paint is tooooo frsh to put htat on,it goes on just like tint and will peel the un cured paint off when u take it off. Ur best bet would be to wax it two times with a heavy compound wax that does NOT cut into the paint like a buffing coumpound. I would reccomend a yellow paste wax b4 u go on ur adventure,the 3m and bra WILL peel or scrtch the fresh paint! And when u get there spray off the bugs and tar,then b4 u leave agin hit it with one-two more coats of yellow wax.:love:

I say duct tape a few pillows on there FTW

DO NOT WAX IT!!! YOU NEVER WAX FRESH PAINT!! as paint dries vapors exit the paint, if you wax it the vapors will not be able to get out and it will cause the paint to bubble up. my advice would be to cover it with painters tape, something that does not have a strong bond. and don’t leave it on there long, like pull it off at night to let the paint breath then re-apply in the morning. wait at lease 2-3 weeks before you wax it