Friend needs some help with his 3000gt

A buddy of mine has a 94 3000gt and he picked up a 91 vr4 motor. Basically, he doesn’t know much about cars and the kid who urged him to get the swap said he’d help him along the way and do the complete swap for him. From what he told me is that the 91 is a gen prior to the car he has so the wiring is rather difficult to complete.

So… is there anyone on here who would be able to help him complete the wiring portion of a 91 vr4 swap into a 94 3000gt?

ask sullyVR4 as hes doing a motor swap into his 3000gt right now, or shawn96vr4 may be of help

its not black with huge fart can’s is it?

I can help him the easy way. Sell the N/A and the 91 motor. Buy a vr4.

:lol

It’s not purple is it?

Nooo, we’re not from the Albany area. It’s green and nothing rice about it. It’s stock. His friend talked him into getting the twin turbo swap for it… but yea, made him rush and told him “oh ya, get the 91 it’ll bolt right in.” Got the motor into the car, ran into wiring issues and abandoned him. So if ANYONE… can offer him a hand swapping the 91 vr4 motor into a 94 3000gt let me know.

“I’ve got cash to get this thing running.”

…and I can vouche that this kid has cash lol

So pretty much easy cash for anybody who has some days off and knows his way around 3000gt and a wrench?

Sounds like a good deal :thumb

hmmmm, ok, first off- is the 94 an SL?? The more info you can give me about the car, the better I can help.
-I’ll try to help the best I can, I’m actually in the middle of my third motor swap right now…

Dan more power to ya man , ive seen under the hood of yours and shawns car, omg the ammount of shit they crammed in that engine bay! You guys are nuts, but nice work!

yeah and his GT42 and 4inch downpipe doesnt help his situation much either

I’ll find out the trim level, thanks.

Sillyness lol

It’s not an SL…it’s the low base model. He has everything done except for the wiring. The guy that claimed he could do the swap for him, cut some of the plugs off then ditched him when he realized he fucked up and has no idea what he was doing. He’s got some of it figured out…but he has no power and is lost to which wires go where in the fusebox. If anyone wants to come take a crack at it and make some easy cash, please do. He’s more than willing to put cash in anyone’s pocket to get it running.

Thank you! You know better than I do.

wiring sucks. He could have just rebuilt his block…and parted a turbo system from a vr4 for really cheap…but good luck with the wiring.