From a Welfare Kid

This is an interesting article, and supports that we do need to spend more money reaching out to those less fortunite kids

After saying what he has stated, why should we not spend more on education, if that is what keeps these kids off of welfare??

Wow… very good read

Maybe if they spent less money moving state to state they could have afforded to live in one place for some length of time. What sense does it make to move 100’s of miles away when you could just move a few miles away in the same town and not have to pay to transport your big welfare family around. Nice sob story but this type of thing happens all the time and does not surprise me any. :tup: to him for not turning out to be a complete scumbag but I’m sure he is still far from normal.

diamond in the rough unfortunately…

maybe he/you should spend less time trolling Craigslist

[quote=“FightinMike,post:5,topic:24607"”]

maybe he/you should spend less time trolling Craigslist

[/quote]

Or maybe you could understand the concept that spending more money to educate people that the end result would be us saving money from not having such a high welfare cost, also with more education they would not come out like you. If you are insinuating that I am a welfare kid you are retarded

Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t public grade school free? Well, not free, but paid for by taxes so that as long as you’re a resident your kids go for free?

He and his family were successful because they CHOSE the higher road. You can’t force people to become educated.

That being said, I am in favor of more money for higher learning. If a “welfare kid” chooses to complete grade school but can’t afford to go on, then the best thing we could do for them and for the country is make college available.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:7,topic:24607"”]

Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t public grade school free? Well, not free, but paid for by taxes so that as long as you’re a resident your kids go for free?

He and his family were successful because they CHOSE the higher road. You can’t force people to become educated.

That being said, I am in favor of more money for higher learning. If a “welfare kid” chooses to complete grade school but can’t afford to go on, then the best thing we could do for them and for the country is make college available.

[/quote]

In alot of areas 1-6 are sort of, there still are fees etc associated with it, some clame that 7-12 are free, but I do not feel that they are when books, lab fees, etc total more than $700 a semester, and for a fact that there are those that can not afford that. So there kids drop out and basically end up in limbo/doing something else that they shouldn’t

I went to a public school and never purchased books for 7-12. They were provided by the school. Nor were there “lab fees”.

[quote=“66impalass,post:8,topic:24607"”]

In alot of areas 1-6 are sort of, there still are fees etc associated with it, some clame that 7-12 are free, but I do not feel that they are when books, lab fees, etc total more than $700 a semester, and for a fact that there are those that can not afford that. So there kids drop out and basically end up in limbo/doing something else that they shouldn’t

[/quote]

That’s a good point. I forgot about all the fees. I can see how that could easily kill it for a kid who’s only there of his own choice anyhow.

dont you have to pay school taxes to use the public schools…

[quote=“JayS,post:9,topic:24607"”]

I went to a public school and never purchased books for 7-12. They were provided by the school. Nor were there “lab fees”.

[/quote]

Where did you go to school? I don’t know for sure, but it seems like a low tax, high population school (read: city) wouldn’t have the money to provide all books and/or lab equipment.

I went to school in Frewsburg, NY. No fees for anything I was aware of. Worst was the options field trips and things like Sr. trip. Books were provided too.

My school didn’t have a cost as well as Brent said, however as far as I know. When you got property taxes your school taxes were included in that. I know every year my mom complained about “damn school taxes went up this year as well”

Since we were in a different county than our school we paid taxes to a different school than our own.

Hornell high school is shit. So I refused to go there despite being in the city.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:12,topic:24607"”]

Where did you go to school? I don’t know for sure, but it seems like a low tax, high population school (read: city) wouldn’t have the money to provide all books and/or lab equipment.

[/quote]

for the kids who were taking ap classes there were fees etc. thus for those who truly are smart and trying to better themselves it is difficult. I have never been on welfare but living in a low income house i had to write a letter in highschool to the given college to waive the fee for my classes:gotme:maybe im baised having dealt with a situation like this when i was younger but the problem isnt the lack of funding for schools,etc its the fact that like this person stated when the parent isnt around to keep their kids ass in line they are the ones who become poor members of society…:tup: to this guy for keeping his shit together

If you think this guy had it “bad” you are mistaken. Sure he lived like shit, but his mom never pimped his 8 year old ass out for crack to feed her habit. I feel no sympathy for him, instead of getting on your high horse and posting to a forum, why dont you go see and help some people who are really hard up. There’s plenty here in Buffalo. Personally, i could give a fuck less poor people suck.

[/quote]

I went to public school too, had to pay that a semester

That is why I believe in a license to bare children.

It’s shouldn’t be society’s job to take care of children of welfare, it should be society’s job to see that children aren’t being born into these situations to begin with.

[/quote]

werd…

also, my parents would of whooped my ass if I told them I was dropping out of school. They’d bitch and complain about taxes, but would never of let me drop out because they had to pay 20.00 for a field trip and misc stuff

agreed… honestly, that is where I place 90% of the blame

[quote=“BikerFry,post:12,topic:24607"”]

[/quote]

Small school in an even smaller town. Not from around here originally.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:18,topic:24607"”]

It’s shouldn’t be society’s job to take care of children of welfare, it should be society’s job to see that children aren’t being born into these situations to begin with.

[/quote]

:tup: Or how about just not allowing a 21 year old to marry a 15 year old, as was done in this story. If your state wants to allow shit like that you shouldn’t be surprised when you get a bunch of welfare babies.