front end making ALOT of noise...

yeah, so I’ve been driving the mustang for the past month or so. At first I thought it was the power steering but upon further inspection, it sounds like metal on metal grinding any time I turn the wheels.

It’s wierd though… it was sounding REALLY bad and then out of the blue, I drove it the one day (it was warmer out and dry) and I could barely hear it.
Yesterday on the other hand, it was SUPER loud. The only way I can describe it is picture pushing a large heavy, rusted block of steel over another piece of steel… like nails on a chalk board. When I go over small bumps in the road, I can hear it too (so pretty much anytime the front end moves up/down or side to side I can hear it).

anyone know what this is? Ball joints? this sucks… the car only has 5X,XXX miles on it.

thanks
-steve

ill say replace ball joints, a friend of mines in nyc, had a stang 98, with only 48xxxx miles on it, and was getting wierd noise from,front end, he replace ball joints after coulnt hear a thang. i have ak8rd, and had similar problems with front end noise, after replacing ball joints, cant hear a thang.

i had ball-joint issues on my Stang back in ther day

iam off thursday u can stop by we can jack it up and take a look

ball joints, we had alot of fords come into goodyear with bad ball joints at lowER mileage

or maybe control arm bushings? :gotme:

def. sounds like a ball joint

fords make shotty suspension parts. most of the time theres no play in the ball joints but they still make noise. ive never seen so many cars with coil spring issues

fords just blow, end of conversation… :lol:

indeed

the problem is the joints are just dry, no grease fitting :lightbulb:

steve did u call me from a 870 number today? i was in the garage u should of left a message

ok, chances are, this is NOT a balljoint issue. ford has been making REALLY shitty wheel bearings the past few years, they normally would have an inner seal and an outer seal, but they chinced out and eliminated the outer one, and the salt in the winter here in our area causees significant premature wear/failing of them, ive already replaced TWO on my focus at 54k miles. my dads g/f has an explorer, also has gone through both front in 50k miles