FS: 1992 BMW 525i, Black on tan, 5 sp, rims, lowered

The time has come for me to sell my dd. 1992 BMW 525i, one darn luxurious automobile. 5 speed, 187k miles, BOATLOAD of recent maintenance. Wonderful condition, a pleasure to drive. 190hp 24v inline 6, hydraulic lifters, very nice.

Mods:
REAL m5 throwing star rims with covers. Tires about 90% tread left
h&r sport springs
bilstein sport shocks
stainless steel header (6-2)
factory option 6 disc cd changer
wood grain shift knob!!!one
Bottlecaps with Nokain hakkapeliitta tires, 90% tread left

Recent Maintenance:
Clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, etc.
Clutch master cylinder
Clutch slave cylinder
Bosch battery
Front pads, (Axxis Ultimates) rotors (Brembo) and wear sensors
Serpentine Belt
Thermostat
Camshaft Position sensor
Oxygen Sensor
Washer Fluid Level Sensor
Fuel Filter
Transmission mounts
Transmission bolts
Power steering line from reservoir to pump
Drivers side door; cut out questionable areas, weld in new metal, color matched paint (done by professional body shop, not a DIY job).

I have receipts for all maintenance!

The bad:
Drivers side rear door has rust along the bottom. Will be replaced before sale
The clips where the windor regulator attaches to the glass are worn. I will replace prior to sale.
Windshield has small cracking in lower pass side (below where you can see). Small, didn’t prevent the car from passing NYS inspection.
Needs rear brake pads.
Wheels have a little bit of rash

The resolution
I found a drivers side door for $200, proper color. I will likely replace it before sale, however if you’d like me to take $200 off my asking price and deal with it yourself that’s ok.
I will replace the regulator clips next week if I still have the car then (they’re a $5 part, and takes 2 minutes to do).
Maybe I’ll replace the rear pads if I still have this thing next week.

This car runs BEAUTIFULLY! Holds a very strong idle, no vacuum leaks, no squeaks anywhere. Runs without hesitation throughout the powerband. No problems other than what is listed. DOES NOT LEAK A SINGLE DROP OF ANYTHING. Leaves a nice clean driveway. I would not hesitate to drive this car cross country. Matter of fact I did 4 weeks ago, only problem was clutch wear which was replaced when I got home. VERY reliable car, and very clean for its age.

Price: $4500 with m5 wheels
$3500 without (wheels and tires are worth ~1500)

Beautiful car. If I get a reasonable on my bike and this is still around I’d love to take this thing from you.

Andre’s cars are always a good buy.
Good luck.

I really like the way this bimmer looks

glws dre

bumpski for a nice whip

I’d love to buy this if you still have it in a month, looking for another e34 for a DD.

want an e36 318ti? ha :).

nice car :tup:

yeah i really like these things for an understated DD sedan. good price too.

Bump for a cleannnn DD

i want this

well it’s getting traded in Monday for $4100. If anyone can give me what I’m asking (4500 or close to it) the car is yours

hummm
trading for what?

omg don’t give those wheels to a dealer! arrgggghhhhh!!!
What dealer is giving you $4100?
Is that the Knox and Delaware Park Lake in the background?
I like the touring, bring it by Niawanda on the 17th, there’s a bimmerforums get together.

its a dealer downstate.
yep, thats the albright.
touring currently has no motor, i’m putting my eggs into a new daily driver basket

Does it have “the smell” like in that episode of Seinfeld?

nice glws

Nice car, but if you’re really getting 4100 for it in trade selling it for anything less than 4458 private sale will actually cost you money. (sales tax savings by trading it in)

This is true, but if I were buying with cash I would have a bit more wiggle room to negotiate. And I would sell for my asking price, not much lower out of trade. (another point is I’m still not 100% on the trade-in idea)

saw this the other night looks really clean n well managed!glws