FS: 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec - US Registered/Titled - $37500 (Buffalo)

The US Department of Transportation, in response, offically rescinded importation eligibility for both the R32 and R34 Skylines, therefore only 96-98 R33 Skylines were still eligible to be imported.

OK, So What Skylines Are Legal in the US?
Skyline models that are over 25 years old may be imported without having to be compliant with the NHTSA. Alternatively, Motorex imported a variety of R33 Skylines which are Federally legal and registered appropriately. Motorex-prepped R33 Skylines can fetch upwards of $50,000. Even though the R32 and R34’s that were already imported are not technically legal due to their lack of crash tests, they do have a Federal bond release issued and were imported prior to the Motorex violations coming to light. These appear to have been “grandfathered” in. Good luck finding one for sale.
From the Ebay link earlier in the thread.

So, if I am looking this over properly really the only ones that are “legal” are the ones that Motorex actually imported during their time period. And as long as this 95 was brought in before the Fed changed their mind about those years that should still be legal.

However, most of everything else I read basically all those gray area cars are riding a pretty fine line of being confiscated or other legal ramifications. In other words, this seller needs to have a boat load of documentation proving that this car can legally be here.

Edit: I also find this incredibly stupid how far the government goes over importing cars, yet have lacking rules and laws on everything else. The ultimate hilarity would be when an illegal alien is driving one of these and the car gets deported/crushed while the illegal alien is allowed to continue to live here.

Like the 99.9% of loan officers at a bank know what a skyline is. If the bank sees a valid title there’s no reason for them to dig into the intricacies of skyline importation.

Are you likely to get it seized? Probably not. Would you want to bet $59000 on it?

Well banks have to get a value of the car from somewhere so they know how much they’ll lend.

Hey Guys I was afraid this discussion would turn into this. The “Feds” will not seize the car! The point in time in which the car would be taken from you upon purchase is if you would attempt to bring it into Canada. I drive the car some what regularly. If anyone is curious about being pulled… over nothing happens. It comes up as a skyline on the police computer. The car has existed in NY state for the past 6 years and has gone to countless car shows.

The R33 v specs were crash tested and I have all the documentation of the crash testing. Hence why many of them were legalized.

Please do not fill my thread with this discussion.

Thank you!

So, do you have the paperwork that shows and clarifies the legalization of this vehicle? (That would end any discussion and resume the GLWS comments.)

If anything most people posting are stating that there are legal Skylines here that are safe or grandfathered in by law and should be perfectly safe. Assuming certain things are provided with documentation.

Also, no one has openly tried to flame or tell you to gtfo as it appears you are legit (real name, address in clarence, company name, etc) just food for thought on that.

What kind of payments are you looking at?

This car is NOT a Motorex car it was “grandfathered in” almost 10 years ago. I know no one has told me to f off but I don’t want to the fill the thread with bickering. The title is 100% real and I air brushed out my name and address for safety purposes. Should I just air brush out the address so it show my name on it??

Nobody is questioning that you HAVE a title. But titled cars, even R33s, have been seized in the past.

Not for nothing because I love the car and it looks clean but when you bought this car did you think it was going to be simple to resell? You gotta expect to get these types of questions when selling a car of this caliber especially for that amount. We aren’t talking about a salvage title $900.00 civic here.

No, I don’t think that is necessary, since you registered with what looks like your real name is. And you listed your business website, which has all your information on it as well. Which is why I said you appear legit as a person posting the car.

Anyway, GLWS the cars are truly a work of art.

cute car.

State legal does not equal federally legal

I call shenanigans until we see the paperwork, just because it hasn’t been taken (yet) Doesn’t mean its the real thing

Like it would fucking matter around here…

To the seller: Good luck, the car looks amazing. I hope you sell it, and get it’s real worth, I just doubt it will happen on here…

NYS title means shit.
If it is not a motorex car I would be doing your own homework on it prior to purchase.

I am not an expert on Canadian vehicle imports but I am under the impression that if it’s older than 15 years it’s exempt certain regulations.
But importing to U.S. from CAN - Not possible.

Also, The state police mean nothing when it comes down to HSI seizing your car.

^.

I agree it doesn’t look like it will be sold via this thread.

So we mine as well continue this discussion.

What is everyone’s thought on my price?

Also I will be more then happy to show the person WITH the money who is interested in purchasing this exactly how I did it.

I’d love to see documentation of an example where a NYS titled R33 was seized though newman :slight_smile:

So.
Illegally

Only a matter of time.

Also,
When an insurance company (as part of your coverage) requires you to state that the vehicle you are insuring conforms to NHTSA regulations and then you get in an accident and it doesn’t.
How do you think that works?

its not illegal and a matter of time or never happened???

Car has been in a minor fender bender and the insurance company of the other drivers insurance paid out immediately. Also I put the claim in with my insurance company, just in case the other drivers didn’t pay, and they would have covered all damages instantaneously. Do you want my claim number?

I just noticed it was titled as an n/a car. Does this imply kit? And federally illegal

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Can’t edit but I don’t think the OP understands nys title / law does not mean shit at a federal level. You’re treading on some thin ice man…and the fact that you wont post the proper nhtsa paperwork.

Nope it comes up as a skyline. I think I’m just going to start posting pics of my dick and see how long it takes josh to take this down.

Just post the nhtsa paperwork