FS- 1999 Saturn SL- Great winter car

Asking $1500 but will consider offers too. To contact me, email me at jdmurray19@yahoo.com

Blue Book Valued at $1,900.
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?ManufacturerId=44&YearId=1999&VehicleClass=UsedCar&VehicleId=5999&PriceType=Private+Party&ModelId=412&Mileage=127000&SelectionHistory=5999|8031|14150|0|0|229007|true&Condition=Fair&QuizConditions=
1999 Saturn SL
127k miles
5 speed manual transmission
Manual windows/locks/steering (not as bad as it sounds with the steering)
Brakes- new front rotors and pads last October, adjusted rears at that time
Tires- Michellin X-Radials with lots of tread left (have 31k miles on them, rated for 80k)
I’ve done all of the maintenance myself including every oil change since I’ve owned it. I have the date and milage of every oil change and servicing I’ve done to it.
Floorboards were undercoated since new and are completely solid. No signs of rust aside from one spot on the front edge of the hood.
It’s been very dependable for me for 5.5 years now, but I’ve decided to buy a new car. It still runs well and the heat works great. The interior is in pretty good condition overall. The XM radio and aftermarket CD player don’t come with the car, but I will reinstall the stock CD player that works with no problems.
The biggest problem with the car is that the A/C went last summer. I located a leak at the accumulator, but didn’t replace it and get the system evacuated and refilled. The shifter is difficult to get into 1st sometimes. It’s more of an annoyance than a problem since it works fine once you fiddle with it and get it into gear. The SES light came on last week but hasn’t affected drivability. I’m working on diagnosing and fixing it, which I expect to be able to do before finalizing the sale.
As can be seen in the pictures, the passenger doors are damaged. Someone hit it while parked and I never fixed it. It’s just the outer plastic panel that cracked. I will include replacement panels (they bolt on) but they are green.

Still for sale and open to offers

these cars make awesome beaters esp the 5sp GLWS!! if i wasnt in the process of getting rid of my talon id scoop this up

:bump: for a great seller & meticulessly maintained car

Very reliable automobile. Saturns run forever, as long as u keep oil in them! GLWS!

Yeah, my wifes started drinking oil at around 40,000. Perfect otherwise, the problem is the oil control rings, they stick. It drinks about 1 quart every 1000 miles. I just keep it topped off. it’s exactly the same as the one in this thread, except with 89,000 miles, cold A/C, factory power sunroof, and 2 sets of tires with 75% tread, snows (cooper weathermaster) and summers (Dunlop SP40’s). It’s also for sale.

^way to steal a thread, lol

Nah, notice I posted no price or anything, I’m waiting to see what this one sells for, and I want a lot more because it’s in much better shape. we’re in no hurry to sell it.

My girlfriend has a 2001 Saturn that likes to go through oil. I know it’s a common problem with these cars, but mine is still very good with oil consumption. I add a quart to hers between oil changes but mine doesn’t require it. The car isn’t pretty, but mechanically it can’t get much better for the price and milage.

SOLD!

For how much? I’m about to post up my wife’s for sale.