FS: 2.4L neon engine, built to hold 550+ HP

I am reconsidering what I want to do with my car, so in the meanwhile, I would like to gauge interest in my motor. It is a 2.4L block, completely gone through and rebuilt ~ 5k miles ago. This motor is built to take at least 550 crank horse power, other neon people have seen more and been safe, but 550 seems to be the number people gauge the internals on. I have never revved the motor past 7200 rpm, and the motor has made a maximum of 373 WHP.

Here are some pictures of the block and some other random shots:

http://static.flickr.com/47/107996647_66122f3876.jpg

and proof that it fits in a neon http://roclife.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif :

http://static.flickr.com/25/109481441_c40bb0f0f1.jpg

Now about the motor:

First off, the motor is completely rebuilt ~ 5k miles ago. Every single gasket, bolt, bearing was replaced, and of course the pistons/rods/rings. The motor has a static compression of 8.1:1 and has a 155 - 160 compression across all cylinders with a compression test.

I will be keeping the head, but the shortblock will include everything else, including the oil pump, water pump, entire timing system, even a timing belt with 5k miles on it.

The oil pump, water pump, pulley, oil pickup tube, oil pan are all the same parts used on an 05 SRT-4. The oil pan gasket is the revised version, to help prevent blowby out of the oil pan gasket, that some 03 and 04 SRT’s were experiencing. The same goes for the pistons/rods/rings. The motor is basically an SRT4 shortblock with ~ 5k miles on it, and proven to be a tight motor capable of holding power and always performing. The exterior of the motor has been cleaned off and painted with black paint, as seen in the photo.

For the money, this is a great chance to make your first or second generation neon run some very fast times. Slap an SRT turbo on this engine, and easily run deep into the 12’s. With a larger turbo, expect to hit 11’s or faster. The 2.4 is full of torque, and even when it as making under 300 WHP, it was making well over 300 ft/lb of torque. Whoever buys this, I can help put it in, or tell you exactly what else you will need to fit your car. 2nd gen neons should be direct replacement to install, to where 1st gen neons need a 78 dollar motor mount, sold on modernperformance.com.

I am sure brent or someone will chime in, but if anyone has any questions about it, just let me know.

I’ll start out by asking the money that I have into the motor, minus any labor at all, so lets say $1100.00 or best offer.

–mark

So you used all stock SRT4 pistons and rods on this block

Just as described in the post, yes.

So no head is included, or just not the one that is on it now?

No head is included, but I could always find one from the junkyard for like 50 bucks if someone had to have one. I am just running a stratus head, but I have some work done to it, so I am going to be keeping it.

–mark

Stratus 2.4L head = Neon DOHC head. It’s a good head and can definitely be had for cheap.

slopoke should jump on this

Shit, he could go broke with the parts I have here. I’m deciding on waht I want to do, so I may or may not have TONS of parts for sale, heh. Have him call me or IM me if he is intersted in stuff.

–mark

so are the oil pump, water pump and oil pickup tube included with the block?

sorry, just keeping up the pattern :slight_smile:

free bump

Oooooooo…any trades considered?

:eekdance:

tho in the RTerine manifold

I’d rather not, unless its something I can easily sell to get cash from.

ohhhh crap , i wish youd of had this motor for sale a little bit sooner , i just got done with my 2.4 swap , nice build thought

2.4 is nice, isnt it :slight_smile: