FS 240sx sr-20det swap feeler

Dont want the car, and I can pick up a, sr20det with a basic warranty ecu, wire harness, and AC for 1100. So 850 seemed a good starting point.

glws

GL with that motor lasting.
you get what you pay for man, theres plenty of places that import motors and sell them stupid cheap, and there is usually something broke on them, bearings are smoked, bad compression, turbo is blown, it could be one or many of those things. the going rate for an sr with uncut harness/tranny/ecu/ignitor and everyhting else besides like the smic is liek 2k and up.

and yes they say there is a warranty, but then u get it, something is wrong and they will either a) not respond to your emails/calls b) blame it on you saying you didnt have a professional shop install it c) charge you redic restocking fees that make it not worth your time to return it or d) say the headgasket is shot and the motor runs like shit, it doesnt matter because most of th time the warranty is a startup warranty, as long as it starts they wont do shit

but do what you want.

This car has been running with this motor for a while now… The video link under the pictures has it running too, not that it matters really i guess, just shows

i know that the sr-20det we put in this car was about 2K 2 years ago and was said to have around 50K on it. The thing runs great and has been for the past few years. Like i said he’d like to get around 4500 when spring time runs around but if not he doen’t really care too much. He dropped 3500 on the 240 like 3 or 4 years ago plus another 2000 for the engine, 400 clutch, i’m pretty sure he had the tubro re-built, full 3 inch exhaust. So in my eyes 4500 isn’t to bad he prolly has over 7500 into it in part alone, factor in labor and i bet u’d pay 9K. I know mods don’t add to the retail of a car but 240’s are hot and he’ll hold out till he gets around 4500.

LOL! Good luck with that one. Please buy that motor. :roll2:

You should just buy this, you know it runs, and either swap the motors with your car and turn around to sell this one or just take whatever parts you want off yours and put on this car. Just a suggestion.

believe me man, I would love to be able to do that.

Just don’t have that kinda scratch laying around.

Understandable… I was in that boat, then came the bank loan :wave: to save me.

Lets keep this up there

if i had 3500 bucks laying around ide be on this, like white on rice

so whats he going to take for the car? might look at it if price is in reach

pm sent to seller…

dibs hopefully if i get a call back!!

thanks!!

hopefully you got like 4k

Yeah but you never get what you paid in for… for an example…i got more money into my motor then what he is selling the car for…and ive caculated the total over the 3 years that ive had it ive spent close to 18k but id be lucky to sell the car for 7k and thats when its finished.

^

im with him
cash talks
and me and the owner can make a deal if he gets a hold of me…
thanks!

maybe the actual owner should register?

not that i wouldnt trust someone who doesnt own the car and doesnt really know what it has, what it doesnt have or how much it ACTUALLY is selling for, that is, if it is even really for sale.

in other news, i am going to post a feeler for my buddy andy’s S13 with a CA in it… i think he wants like $3500 and it has some mods to it.

pm me fo rmy paypal account

that sounds like a deal bing. i’ll take it. i’m a bit short though. will you…i mean him…setttle for 3200? i’ll paypal it tomorrow.

haha

haha is someone going to buy this car or what?

The only problem with buying a car that someone has done work to your basicaly getting what you paided for. Theres no way to tell if he tightened all the bolts? did the install the clutch right? and torque everything down to spec? theres so many questions when it comes to this

Did he beat the shit out of it?
How many times did he bounce off the rev limiter?
Was the clutch properly broken in?
How long did the motor sit before the swap?
What oil are you using?

Those are just a few questions, from the video it looks like a hack job, but the again most first time swaps usualy are. If the askin price is $3500 then that sounds about right cause really theres nothing inside that engine bay you can consider a “Mod” or something that helps that motor prolong its life. The buyer is looking atleast $1500 to put into it if he/she wanted to get alittle more power out of it and run it safe.

Andy… i am getting pm’s about your car now…jeez.

Vandit, bro, it was a joke.