FS 87 Honda 250R and 91 Suzuki DR 350

Change in plans so I’m putting these up for sale.

1987 250R -$1700 - starts up on 20 degree day in 4-5 kicks. 2-3 in warmer weather. Runs and drives good. It could be a very nice 250R if you take it apart, PC the frame, and clean it up. Top end is newer - about 15 hours on stock bore Honda cylinder. FMF Fatty Pipe and 36mm Cab - other than that it’s pretty much stock. Plastic is good - a few scratches. Needs rejetted for the cold weather, but it normally isn’t rode in the winter.
http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/250R/

1991 Suzuki DR350 - $1000 - I recently traded a 300EX for this. Very clean dirt bike. Top end rebuilt over the summer with stock bore piston, valves, etc. Bike is in excellent condition. New tires, no worn out parts, great plastic, etc.
http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/DR350/DR350RightSide.jpg

I would also trade both for a LTZ/KFX 400 or maybe pre 1972 Chevy.

i got 500 cash right now for the bike… i can get it tomorrow

Sure - my address is 317 East Notch Road, Richburg, NY - meet you there at 11:00am on Friday.

just curious why does it say in the other thread that the 250r has a 33mm flatside carb, lrd pipe and now it has a fmf pipe and 36mm carb?
and the price went up 200 bucks

$200 because I had the wrong parts:) 33mm is way to small for a 250R - that must have been a typo. Each mistake is an extra $100. Everyone tries to get a better price, so at $1700, someone offers $1500, they feel good and I get the $1500 I want.

So are you interested?

Forgot - I hate the flat slide carb on it anyway - never liked them when I used them back in the 80s. I’ll have a 35mm Air Stryker for it soon with RAD Valve. I’m not to fond of the exhaust either - I would rather have the stock setup. At the very least, a FMF Q silencer for the Fatty. It’s to high strung for what I’m interested in.

i am intrested but i need my tax return and then its a maybe seems how im still paying for my 08 kfx450r

How’s the reverse work on that 450? One of the reasons I like the Kawi over the Honda. Also one of the reasons I want a LTZ/KFX 400. I’m getting to old to want to get off and swing it around or use the feet on the front tires.

Even though the R weighs something like 280 pounds - an LTZ 400 is 420+ and a R450 is 350+!!! I can see why the 250R is still popular.

the reverse is awsome thats one of the main reasons i bought it lol im lazy
i love the wheeler its awsome
just always wanted a 250r

250R’s are fuckin awesome machines, glws

Thanks - things are so nimble and easy to ride - just to much get up and go for me.

I put a video of the Suzuki on my site. It’s 10MB.
http://www.thesherwoodgang.com/DR350/

is the suzuki sold?

that bike would be perfect for an on/off road bike. i bet this will sell soon when tax refunds come in.

ill check back when i get mine…

I still have it. Another member of nyspeed is coming to look at it Saturday. I was at the Honda dealer today and they had a 93 KDX for $1800 and it was no where as clean as mine. Of course he would take a few hundred less than that. I was riding it around in the snow today:D

Still have both. I just bought a brand new wheeler, so I would like to get rid of at least the bike.

give me a PM about the bike.

Both SOLD

didnt you just say you keeping the ATV in another thread?

Yep - sold/keep, it’s still not for sale:)