FS: 98 civic ex gsr equipped Sold

why the need for the msd ignition box?

Free bump, all the best. Car looks really clean.

10k :picard:

This car is legit and done right, id take this off your hands in a second gary, but all i have to currently offer is a lovely 97 tsi lol. GLWS!

the way i look at this is the 10k is the nyspeed price knowing you are going to be low balled in the end. Its a $5000 car with MAYBE $3000 in upgrades. so thats $8000. the MSD takes money off b/c every REAL Honda owner knows that msd<stock Honda ignition. $7500 would be a reasonable asking price on an almost 10 year old car with basically a stock swap, no rims, no suspension AND A HITCH.

Did you swap your gsr? No its a gsr…real good point. Are you interested in my car? no if so pm. I’m taking a huge hit here with spending a million on the swap so please leave me alone as I’m already hurting in the pocket book.

I know at least its not a neon where you can’t even put an asking price without scaring people away.

No need, it came with the swap…

What do you mean? You could buy my car and not worry about the car dieing when the meth kit turns on, so that way you don’t have to pay someone to work on it bro.

I appreciate all the bumping guys. Keep it coming we might find that one person on here with money and looking for a car. The 10k TW is because my wife who drives the car doesn’t really want to sell it

Nice car :wink:

good luck with the sale, I like where you went with it.

From what I remember, the car was in awesome shape… maybe some issues with the fenders, don’t know if they were repaired, but the paint was nice and taken care of. I like the fact that the snows are still on it, haha.

1. Truth
  2. 5k before a swap with labor thats involved and code free and many mods
  3. “Every honda owner” you speak of is an internet racer. I have had no problems and see great gas mileage and it came with the swap.
  4. Not a stock swap please read cams, cam gears, flywheel, clutch, fuel system ready for boost, ignition, vafc, header, intake.

yah someone stole the other rims but I just put a new set of winterforces on.

I hate people. I don’t have a clue what would posses someone to steal those wheels…

Again, good luck with the sale!

word, so put some rota’s on it and sell it for 12K. sadly it would probably work.

Either way, would be a great start to a nice proj, or a much funner daily than your typical civic :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, the MSD bullshit, is NOT bullshit. i want you to ask ANY honda tuner (im talking real tuner, not people that allow others to install v-afcs) and ask him what happens when you install MSD on a honda and try to make power. they crap out. always do. they are INFERIOR to factory honda ignition systems. your nology wires are the same story, INFERIOR to stock. you also say your fuel system is boost ready. what happens when u boost the car? you convert to obd1 and lose inspection legality, so there goes your selling point, right out the window. (waits for ricer toolbag afc hack response…)

and so u have crower stage 1s and cam gears, so what? stage ones are barely better then stock gsr cams. and is the car tuned for them? do you have a dyno chart? is there a wideband in the car? and if you DID get it tuned (which im sure u didnt) were the cam gears tuned? or are they just on there to look pretty?

i posted originally because i WAS interested. once i looked at the price though my thoughts changed from interest to disbelief. ask 7k firm and wait 6 months or so to find a buyer, cause at 10k, it will NEVER sell.

wana sell the trailer hitch??

troof

I’m not making claims that the msd is the best setup in the world I’m saying it came with swap, and it is working great but hey stock honda isn’t that awesome either. Distributers suck dick, put some cbr coils on the car and I won’t see anyone ever complain, even me. No the cam gears are not tuned because they came with the swap and my wife isn’t a vtec racer. She never revs the car above 4500 while daily driving. So why spend money on dyno time for someone that doesn’t want it anyfaster? Please tell me, why do you need a wideband in the car all the time? Why do you have to go to obd1, oh you would because it is cheaper, while I would run Hondata and still be inspectable and raise the lowest price I would take even more.

sorry no it stays with the car for the bike rack.

you dumb fuck, hondata is based off an obd1 ECU. if you’re going to be an elitist prick, at least be knowledgeable.

i could go much further into why you’re dumb, and why your car isnt worth 10k, and why your mods are killing your motor, but i’ll back off for now, pending a dumb response from you of course.

and FYI, my turbo honda was tuned on Ectune, which happens to be equal or better than hondata in every aspect. it was tuned by the creator of PGMFI.org, Dave Blundell. kthxbye

gary pm me your bottom dollar on this, if youd want to try and work something out, because id def like to pick this up.

I would have researched every option- if honda’s were my thing and if I wanted to do any thing more than swap the car and get it running. When I first put the setup together I was disappointed with the power and looked into a jackson racing supercharger. While on their site I saw the s300 so that I could keep the obd2 computer. Quoted from jr-
"Hondata’s s300 is a plug in module to the factory Honda Engine Computer (ECU) which vastly expands the capabilities of the factory ECU.

part#989-508 application 99-01 GSR - OBD 2B ECU"
That was as far as I got (2minutes of research/product browsing) because my wife was thrilled with the car and didn’t want it any faster.

FYI since you seem confused this is a TESTING WATERS which is not a FOR SALE thread. If you need me to explain the difference here it is- One is for seeing if there is an interest for said product and seeing what the base offers are as you don’t really need or want to sell the car and one is for selling the car.

Oh and for tuning… I guess I really am stupid seeing as I wouldn’t have outsourced the tuning as I could tune it myself.

edit. Gawd I just looked at your old teg… gtfoomt

You sure do get alot of flack around these parts for trying to get the most money you can for something your selling or thinking of selling.

GLWS Gary.