FS: Air shocks

First off let me say I don’t know much about these systems.
We make these cylinders for a company that sells the whole set up.
They are 80mm bore x 5" stroke.
The company has purchased very few cylinders from us lately and we are sitting on inventory that they demanded we carry. Whatever.

The cylinders are very well made and have top quality seals.
They are totally machined, Hard Anodized and assembled in New York.

I am at home right now so I will have to check pricing when I get to the office tomorrow.
It seems like the “middle man” marks this kind of stuff up big time so my price should be unbeatable.
Actually there are at least 2 or 3 middle men that get a cut that the final user pays for.
If you can get these cheaper there is no way they were made in the USA with quality parts.

I am thinking I can sell a set of 4 for $200 but let me check tomorrow at the office.

I promise I won’t preech on my soapbox everytime I sell my made in the USA stuff.:redface:

I checked the price, $200 is good for the set of four.

Any and all comments welcomed.:slight_smile:

yeah, i think i pay over 100 a piece for much smaller cylinders… but i have no use for these… sorry.

edit: double acting? no spring return?

if these will make the saab 3 wheel i want some

Yeah I have seen the ones you buy.:snky:

These are double acting but I think when they are used on cars gravity is used to lower them but if ZerDaze wants to “take a sip of the potion and hit the three wheel motion” they can be plumbed for that action too.

so on days when a high pressure system comes through my car will be lower? :slight_smile:

A bunch of views but no comments?
I am looking for any honest feedback on these.
Are they only good for show cars?
Ricers?

well along with air shocks come pumps(weight)/piping(weight)/installation(because i assume most pople would not have any clue how to install/use these)

and i read a lot into prodrives similar idea/setup for the '04 WRX and it was booku$ and not even all that satisfying.

good idea tho…i would rock some if i wouldnt have to put even more weight than the car already brings to the table.

what is needed to get them under a car?

I think you just remove your shocks/springs and replace them with these.
The trick is getting the right brackets and hardware I guess.
If you wanted a really stiff ride you could use air over oil too.

The problem is; I only make the cylinders and thats all I know.:biglaugh:

they would be sweet to use as air jacks. mount to frame with a fitting somewhere. roll into your garage, plug it into the compressor and jack up your car in a few seconds.

Maybe you could just install a quick connect like the built in race car jacks.
You just need to have an air supply nearby when you want to go up.:biglaugh:

I actually made a car lift for my Evolution using air cylinders.
It was so heavy I had to use double piston cylinders.:biglaugh:

It works awesome though.:tup:

If you mounted them to the car they would have to protrude into the interior.

I am actually considering installing them into my new garage floor so I can drive right over them then hit the switch to lift the car.:slight_smile:
That would be :pimp:

what kind of pressure can these hold up to? can you get different styles as well? Like ones that are a bit more narrow and taller. What kind of reaction do they have for suspension travel vs a normal airbag (like i have) or air strut?

i have these exact cylinders on the rear of my car, get me a price on two of these. thanks

150psi max.
I can make many different bores and strokes.
What are you looking for?
Keep in mind that a smaller bore cylinder will lift less weight.

$50 each.
Who did you buy them from?
How much did you pay?
Thanks,
Mike

$175 for the pr. in 1999
a reason i do like these is they are very light compared to a spring/strut assembly but
the seals on these suck balls, anything over 150psi and the seals fail, i just think these would be cheaper/easier than having to rebuild the ones i have.
this is where i bought mine from.
http://excentrixauto.com/
they dont carry these anymore for that reason.

How thick is the shaft on the cylinder? Depending on the thickness, i can get a good idea on how strong and durable the cylinders are.