Never seen this done...

http://j-specimports.ca/dealernet/details.php?id=1544886

I think its pretty cool!

ghey!

airbags/hydros belong on lowriders and trucks… NOT imports!

I think that everything has been done to imports already, now the japanese are all trying to do something unique, and for a show car Silvia, i think this is pretty unique, thus fulfilling its purpose…

looks kind of wrong.

Hate it someone buy it, Strip it, Then burn it.

LOL, Mo chill man haha!

na i dont like it … its not really a new thing to use hydros…i guess im just not into it…

if you want hydro’s i work in a hydrolic shop, repairing rebuilding and making cilinders.

For a fee i can make drop in single way or 2 way cilinders that could use camber plates.

If you dont want the car to hop, but just move, we could do a 2 way system with a small electric powerpack and lines for not much more than a set of megans

Serious my uncles got a 73’ Cutlass Supreme he was thinkin about getting it done this spring after the gold spokes are thrown on. Pm me with the total cost.

lool id rock those for the price of megans. My cars only purpose is for having fun in a legit fasion. But hopping…I think that would shake apart the and split the chassis of the most mint 240sx on this board. More realisticly rip apart your shock towers and bend the chassis to the point of being unrepairable without some kind of tube chassis reinforcment.

So get the 2-ways and you don’t jump, you control it like air-ride, but individually!

individually would cost more as you would need a valve for each cylinder, cost would also go up because the valves would have to be electronic or air operated.

I should have been more specific in my first post.

For the price of megans the hydro’s would raise and lower the car equally. 2 valves would be side to side, 4 valves would be 1 for each corner.

The problem with multi valves will be setting the ride height so it’s the same.

I suppose you could go nuts and hook a level sensor up or something similar and program a PLC to control the system, but thats just getting silly.

The major cost incurred would be in labor of building the cylinders. Material is cheap, but labor is brutal as everything is hand made. The power pack can be had cheap from princess auto for about $400, hard line material would be about 50$ including bending and fittings. Hoses wouldn’t be much more than 100-250$ depending on length and Size of hose. Cilinder Rod is anywhere from $2-15$/ft depending on a few things. Cilinder casing is about the same 2-15$/ft. Then Seals cost anywhere from a few cents to $10+ each depending on reliability, pressure, and Diameter.

The cylinders i would build would be probably 3/4" -1" rod and 2" piston, with 6-8" of stroke.

So like i say you’re just paying labour.

haha i wonder who the 2 pumping it is out of the 17 votes…

Just out of random curiosity… How quickly does this system respond? Because in theory, with two level sensors, couldn’t you use this to flatten the car through a corner?

whoever here does crystal meth?

ignorance is bliss, you think to highly of your car

how fast the system responds al depends on volume and force required to move the weight of the object. Force can be changed by piston size and pressure to the piston.

It depends on velocity in the hose as well, all these things can be tailored to make the system respond the way you want.

In systems I’ve worked on with similar sized cylinders, full extension is 1-2 seconds, retraction is about the same.

a decent air ride system is going to set you back 4500 bucks.

the one we built for the 06 charger daytona was full custom and he was into about 6 or so…

wors fantastic… but would be so gay on a s13

GT

^took the words right out of my mouth…

gangsta…

HE wasn’t building the cylinders…and yeah, if someone came into the shop asking for it…each cylinder would be 500-1000$ Add electronic valves etc, the price climbs real fast.

but i’m nice.

It may be gay, or stupid but whatever, but i just like fiddling with this stuff. Find it more fun to build the stuff.