i think im ready to mod my 240

well i think ive driven the car enough to know its limits so its time to mod. my first mod is going to be lowering the car and adding front and rear strut braces. now my question is ive looked at coilovers, sleeve-overs and springs. im not sure which way i want to go so im lookin for pros and cons of each. i plan on building the car for drift and autoX.

i know its a good idea to replace the worn shocks and struts on the car if i got springs or sleve-overs. what would be the cons of leaving the worn shocks on there for a bit aside from having to do more work in the long run?

i have the chance to buy a vlsd at a good price from a local guy thats on the 240 boards but im not sure if a vlsd is way to go or i should just wait and go for the KAAZ 2-way LSD. any advice?

thanks! :hs:

call hybrid… jay will be able to answer ANY question you have.

:1320:

:bluez28:

You’re obviously going about this all wrong if you want to reuse your old shocks. Get your head right then ask Qs.

-TJ

pink fur isn’t a mod :smiley:

:bowrofl: Ya it is… and Sparkly Banner!!

go to www.dgtrials.com they know their shit.
isnt the point of an autoX car to have suspension that hugs the turns and handles very well…and the point of drift so that your ass end swings way out?? i dunno if you can build your 240 like that???

http://www.storagebin.us/uploads/smilies/supergay.gif

replace your whole suspension setup… DO NOT USE OLD SHOCKS!!! thats about as dumb as cutting springs. just save your money and do it right. coilovers are not necessary unless you are getting a deal on them. get a nice set of springs and struts and save for a swap.

progress >*

on almost any older 240, the struts are going to be bad, most of the bushing as well as the strut bearings are going to be on their way out. by far, a set of coilovers is the way to go on those cars. they’ll give you full adjustability, better handling, more spring rate options and replace most of the worn out parts. the tein basics or the JIC FLTA1’s are the ones that are going to give you the best bang for the buck. when you total up the cost of a decent set of springs, good struts, and new strut bearings, you won’t be far from the cost of the coilovers. but thats just my .02

agreed!

:rolleyes:

Mod your 240 with my 16x7 wheels… they’re the perfect bolt pattern + offset for you…

I’d even take your stock alloys in trade, if they’re in decent shape

(16"s are too big for me)

we were talking about springs right? not full coilover setups…i’ll say it again

progress >*

then again i guess you’d have to actually put your car through corners to know that…

I don’t have any experience with Progress. I’m looking for springs for the Swift… do they have an application list somewhere?

I want a 1" to 1.5" drop and I want to feel every pebble and crack in the road. Would these feel that way?

:slap:

when trying to set up a 240 for “drifting” u want full adjustability,most people dont just slap a set of springs on there cars.some people dont mind spending money,unlike 99% of dsm owners.

BTW kolars 240 > ur talon in the twisties i would be willing to bet.

oooooooooooooooo DISS!

you’ve never even seen my car :dunno:
when did i ever say antyhign about drifting, i was talking about springs not coilovers and drifting since he said he wanted to autox too, u should see some of the cars that run progress setups