i think im ready to mod my 240

drifting + autox = :greddy:

oh shit…fawk me and the vette then :finger:

Maybe you should read the whole thread instead of just chiming in :dunno: He was asking what type of suspension would best suit his needs. Read the thread again, in no way shape or form does he even ask which brand to chose.

Now come on, youre a “true blue” DSM’er!!! (no pun intended) you know you only bought the progress springs because they were one of the cheapest available for your application. Once again here’s a link.

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_list.asp?dept=1383&last=1383

As far as putting my car into corners, I prefer to slide around them. But whenever youre feeling froggy, I’ll be more than happy to show you that a full Tein coilover system > $149.00 Progress springs in the twisties.

no actually i got them because i’ve been talking with mark connolly from mcB autosports about them because he’s a progress dealer and he uses them on the shop car, i also paid a lot more than what “option” sells them for :rolleyes:

i did read the whole thread and right after you highlighted coilovers he said springs, and right after drift he said autox…

you sound like a bunch of bitching women :crying:

ive been reading on other sites and things of that nature. ive learned alot about pure drift suspensions and autoX suspensions. it changed what im lookin to do. so im looking for a car that will handle great when i ask it to but i want something that if i feel the need to get a little sideways in a parking lot it will do that with little to no adjustment. i have no intentions of competing in any autoX or drift events at the moment. i just want to build a fun street car.

ok now that i have a better idea of what i want what are your opinion for my suspension choice? right now im leanin towards the Tein basic coilover. ive read and experienced that s13s have terrible understeer so what can i do to correct that? thicker sway bars? sticker front tires? will the coilovers help this?

Im not saying theres nessesarily anything wrong with progress springs… I had them on my 93 AWD Talon… they were okay. But id hardly make the statement that progress is greater than all. I personally dont think they are stiff enough for what i need them for. Plus full adjustablity > *

that’s cuz 1g dsms have a totally different suspension setup with those springs on my car i have 1" gap between my tires and fender wells in the front and i can’t bottom the car out enough to rub they’re so stiff.

I still say, since he needs new struts anyways… and wants the ability to auto-x or drift. To go with the tein basic coilover set-up. Or if he wants to pay the cash a JIC magic coilover. Even if he decides he wants to drag race the car later on down the road - he’ll be able to raise the back end up to run a tall slick.

this is jay, by far i would spend the couple extra bux over the tein basics and get the JIC’s. the when you adjust ride height with the JIC’s you don’t lose shock travel like you do with the tein. the jic magic flt-a1’s are probably the best entry level coilover on the market for the 240’s

get a set of good coilovers such as slik road, or jic or even tein but not the basics get the good ones. it all depends on what you wanna spend. get a cusco lsd or something too. suspension can get confusing you just really need to look into it better. i did months and months of research and talked to many people before choosing a suspension. just my .02

:weak: every 100 posts you try to sell those shitty rims :rofl: cant blame you for tryin though… while we’re at it, my rims are in my buddy’s garage waiting to be picked up for the low low price of $200 :smiley:

Have you ever even been to an autox/drift event? How can you possibly say you know the limits of your car if you haven’t even raced it?

are you telling me someone can not learn the limits of their car in a parking lot and on the streets? also this post is old and im not going to autox or drift in my car. im not doing anything with it but driving it

If you think about it, it’s pretty much true. How often do people show up at an autox or similar type of event and finish in 1st plade the first time they do it? Usually the people that say that end up finishing DFL.

That’s my fault for not looking.

mikes race skills > j00

i didnt say that. im just saying that you can learn the limits of your car on the street. you dont need a autox track or drift track to learn your car but you do need them to learn the techniques of each event. anyway i dont race plus im not trying to start shit

go fuck yourself bean pole

Me either, I think we can leave it as it is.

agreed

wow u really are a moron
runa auto x event then come back and tell us this !! its kinda hard w/ traffic and also ditches and guard rails to take your car to the max on the street.

there are not always other cars and guardrails and your a fuckin moron if you think you cant take your car to the max on the street. we are talking about a stock 240sx here. if you dont believe me then we will meet up and ill take you on some roads where you can do it but i think your missing the overall point which is you can learn the characteristics of your car on the street. as a matter of fact drifting was started on the street and then brought into a controlled envoirment.

ohh ya and for some of you thinking im some kind of street racer/drifter im not at all. i think its pretty stupid and learned my lesson a while back.

btw isnt your girlfriend calling you? i think youve been on pittspeed to long she might be jealous. you should really go tell her you love her.