FS: blown 300ZX

So have you found out what really happened yet ? Im kinda curious.

not yet…my dad took my jack to use at work, he just left now to get it and bring it home. i’ll be under it within an hour and have the pan off and carnage pics to post up for all to see and diagnose.

OK, goodluck

wow…

first thing i do is try to drain out whatever oil may be left…pull the plug from the pan (which doesn’t look punctured) and water pouring out by the gallon…the entire pan and then some has to be full of water…and i have no idea what that means. what woulda caused the coolant to all mix with the oil?

Nice custom title, and the block is probably shot, causing ebverything to end up in the pan.

headgasket

Pretty sure i found the oil leak…tell me what’s wrong in this picture:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4546&stc=1&d=1212946705

in case you’re a dumb…i’ll help you:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4547&stc=1&d=1212946705

and a different angle:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4548&stc=1&d=1212946705

looks like a feed line right into the oil filter as seen in the last pic. that’s like an inch thick piece of metal tube…how the hell it can just randomly crack like that is beyond me.

my current, uneducated diagnosis is as follows:

• pictured piece broke while driving.

• oil leaked out.

• engine said “WTF where is my oil!??!”

• engine said “fuck you.”

• something popped…thus putting all the water in the oil pan.

the good news (for a change):

pan looks to be in the same shape it always has…no dents, punctures, etc…and i don’t see much oil anywhere but around where the pictured crack piece is…so odds are the block is still in tact and that oil wasn’t leaking from a crack in it either. i’m debating turning the key just to see if it’ll turn over at all or if it’s seized…i have no idea how else to check for this.

srsly?

This car can’t die.

Did any metal shavings drain out with the oil/water?

i got a shit ton of said water on my hand…no metal shavings at all…another good sign i know. there’s still plenty of water in there, didn’t wanna drain it all out.

if you starved the motor of oil it probably seized, or probably pretty damaged cause it was apperently lubricating itself with coolant once the oil was gone

no oil pressure gauge in that car?

Bullshit the cars still alive, Ive seen engines go through much worse adn still keep going.

The description of the events made me LOL though

Could be, all depends on how ya feel, what i’d suggest, fix the filter assembly and coolant leak, fill it back up with fluids and do a compression test, IDK how I’d feel about driving the car afterwards, but realisticly it should still run

compression test isn’t happening. it’s seized…won’t budge.

did you try turning it by hand?

no…no means to do so.

that is why you have an oil pressure gauge…

one that in 300zx’s tends to go bad very fast. mine has never worked…i bought an aftermarket oil pressure gage not too long ago but never got around to hooking it up…had too much other shit to fix. it was on the list, but too little too late i guess.

Rebuild with go fast parts? block should be fine

new pistons and such.