Zcar Owners Help!

Ok awhile ago my brother had his friend come over and fixed a fuel injector cuz thats what our 1990 300ZX N/A needed. Anywayz, lets just said we was clumzy and lazy and ended up (so i hear) dropped rubber tubes and shit into the engine on accident. Well let me just tell you i wasnt here, i was up at college, when the kid tryed fixing it. Well my brother said he did all the hard work right, like installed everything and put the engine back together, but we were missin a hose, needed coolent and he THINKS something might be stuck somewhere in the engine. Well i did a little snoopin around and i found 3 things off the bat i knew had to be wrong. The first picture is right behind and under where the throttle bodies are. Obviously you can see that the rubber hose is ripped to shreds on one side, but what is that hose suppose to connect to, well obviously the metal thing it is touchin, but what is that called? The second picture is of me holding to hoses i saw just dangling there. The hose to the left has some kinda plastic thing on the tip of it, and the hose to the left had some kinda yellow crusty stuff in it, was layin under the battery and seems to lead into the passenger fender well. The 3rd picture is directly behind the engine close to the passenger side, right across from the firewall. Obviously again im missing a hose, but my question about this is where is that hose to suppose to lead to, like wheres the other end it “plugs” into? THANKS, I REALLY WANA GET MY Z UP AND RUNNING AGAIN FOR THIS NICE WEATHER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Mattu66/Inject0001.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Mattu66/Tubes0002.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Mattu66/Missing0003.bmp

hmmm i would have to be there to be 100% positive but in the 1st pic looks like a pcv hose not sure which one without bein there. 2nd pic looks like a vacume line.3rd is deff a vacume line but like i said its hard to tell where things go and what they are without bein there.try posting pics on twinturbo.net or 300zxclub.com they might know a lil more than i do.

Yeah i posted on 300zxclub.com and Nissanforums.com. The only response i’ve gotten so far was “post on 300zxclub.com and see if they know” lol. In the first pic i know that like tubing but i dont know what the metal thing that its connectin to is. Anyone got free time to come out an look at it for me lol maybe? I’m in Monroeville. I reallllly wana get her running again =[

where in monroeville?

Do you know where Alpine Village is? Near Murrysville

Here are some pictures of the 3 spots further out, i drew arrows to their locations. Also, my brother said after the kid “fixed” our car, he started it up and it ran a bit then he said all of sudden he thinks he hard a small thudd noise (but not sure) but it just died and coolent shot everywhere (didnt see it but smelt it and saw smoke from i guess it touchin the hot engine). Anywayz hopefully these pics help.

pix aren’t workin… and i know exactly where alpine village is

Oh, really? They work on this comp, hold on ill link to a more relyable source. I looked over the engine all yesterday and a little more today, i have no idea what these peices are for. You gotta Zcar? If so i might have met you before. Anywayz ill relink those pictures again above.

no, i don’t have a Z, my buddy has 2 though so i might be able to drag his ass out here to check it out.

alpine village isn’t far from me

Today? Where you located? I mean if you wanted today for a tad, thatd be cool. Plus im always looking to know more car heads and DEFF ones that own Z cars lol. It’d be a REAL big help, cuz right now shes just sittin there, all kitted up lookin mean, and its a crime not to be able to drive her.

ok with the new pics im sayin the arrow pointin to where the plenum is has gotta be a pcv valve. the other is vacume lines im sure just gotta see where they go i can swing by sometime and look to be possitive

yea man thatd be great, im lookin at it right now tryin to see what i need. Just lemme know when you could come. My cell phone number is 4128606165, my name is Matt just gimme a call. For the life of my i cannot figure out where the other end of that Vacume leads to. Dont know what the purpose those 2 lines serve that i’m holding, and i took off that PVC tube that was ripped (cuz it needs to be replace most deffinitly) but if youd come over and check it out thatd be fantastic. Just lookin at the engine of another 300zx would help.

you can look under the hood of 90 na to try and figure out where they go if you want .

I think Tray is right about the pcv valve…good luck getting her up and running…

Z People we need to hook up when all the Zcars are up and runnin! I am in Wilkins about 5 mins from Monroeville Mall if yall are interested! I know a couple more Pittsburgh Z people that would probably show too…

No doubt man, ive been tryin to get Z car owners together. Theres a place dead center Monroeville called Miricle Mile, most of you’ve probably heard of it. During the fall/winter its pretty beat cuz it’s mostly the guys that live in monroeville and have cars in primer…etc, but in the summer it actually gets pretty big and sweet cars show up. Supra’s, TT Stealths, lots of american muscle too. Anywayz we should all meet up there sometime when the summer hits. When my car was runnin last summer i went up and was the only Z car up there =[. So once i can get my Z car up and running again, ill let everyone know. Traydogg6969 is gonna come out to my house sometime and help me figure this out, and flatbackterror has also offered to come out and help so hopefully i get her up n running.

Just let me know when, I am a hop skip and a jump from Miracle Mile! When do these things go on??? I’ll def. show up if you guys are coming out! I will also see if Poom (Vinnie, he works cross the street from me) can make it, but he’s putting in a new engine b/c he hydrolocked the old one…whoops…but should be a few more Z’s than one LOL Let me know when…

I have a 300zx mafs and 300z brakes on my 240sx… does that count? :x:

Yeah 1320, deff come out as well, i used to have a 90 Fastback in red. Then i sold her becuz the frame was so rusty and got my Z. But once this semester is over (which is about May 6th) and i get my Z up and running again i guess i’ll throw a date out (most likely a friday) and we’ll see if its good for everyone else? If you dont know where the Miricle Mile is in Monroeville, i’m sure I, or one of those others, can give you directions. Fridays and Saterdays are usually the real good days considering it’s really nice outside. Ive been up there when theres been a good 100 people. Theres a group of Cobras that come out, TT Dodge Stealth, Turbed WRXs, Turbed Eclipses, Chevelles, Old Monte Carlos…just about everything, but i’ve yet seen any Z’s other then myself. As for 240s i’ve only seen one, so 1320 deff come out and invite some friends.

Is miracle mile the one right there by taco bell and Starbucks?

YEP! The spot is right in between Taco Bell and Krispy Kreme (which was built prob about 2-3 years ago if you havent been out here for awhile)

cool, shoot me a pm or soemthing when you are all going out