It's Dead...

i dont know what the fuck is up with this piece of shit…i drive it for a while last night, babying it everywhere i go, letting it cool before turning off, letting it warm before taking off…
i check the oil and coolant every time i stop, and add fluids where needed…
i drives beautifully all last night, real smoothe, on the way home from mighty i did stall once because i’m not used to the new clutch, got a bit of a scare when it didnt start right away…sat tight for a minute and then tried again, and it fired right up…

today, i wake up, beautiful morning, she fires right up, take it to work at 8AM, at 10AM have a 10 minute break, and some friends at work wanna hear and see it, and it wont start again. it turns over, but it will not fire…tried a few times…then let it sit, pumped gas, tried again…just kept turning without firing up…eventually gave up and got a ride home from a friend…car still sitting at work…

i’m hoping my NA fuel pump took a shit on me and that’s whats causing it not to fire…lack of fuel…the reason i hope its this is because i already won a new tt fuel pump on ebay and its already on the way…would be nice to have that fix the problem, but with all the bad luck i’ve had with this car, i doubt it’ll be that easy of a fix…

but other than that, i really am clueless…i mean, why would it run so nice for a while then 2 hours later not start at all, especially since every maintenance part has been replaced with brand new OEM parts…

please help people…so much money has gone into it…way more than i ever should have…i dont want it to end like this :frowning:

ah fuck.
i really think you/i/we need to check compression on it again. The foamy brown coolant is a BAD SIGN.

you pumped the gas well the car was off on a fuel injected car? I didnt know that worked.

Maybe there was corrosion inside the passages.

Foamy brown coolant? ack.

key was turned in on position…dick…after that didnt work, i got desperate and started trying anything and everything to make it work, all short of punching it…

maybe i should pull a back to the future and just smack my head on the steering wheel…

maybe? there definitely was corrosion…the lines were all full of brown and reddish nasty shit…i dont know when the last time the thing was run…i was planning on flushing out the entire coolant system and refilling it soon, like within a few days or a week…i guess that wasn’t soon enough

…HG… :frowning:

i wouldnt think the foamy brown coolant would be a positive sign… if you chacked compression before what did you get for numbers?

before hand they weren’t bad according to newman…all but i think he said cylinder 6…which was a bit low…but he made it out to seem like it was so minimally low that it didnt even matter…

maybe i shouldnt have gone behind newmans back when i got home, and installed that manual boost controller and turned the boost up to 18psi… :lol:

edit: why the fuck am i joking around at all, a car that i haven’t been able to drive for over a year, one that has been in pieces for 6 months, that i just got on the road after thousands of dollars, is dead…fuck me

You gotta smack it and call it a few choice names, that allways seems to work :lol:. Did you hear the FP whining? Are you sure your getting spark? Im not gonna act like i know anything about these cars but ive owned alot of DSM’s and it sounds like a spark problem, maybe a wire came loose. scheck over all your connectors and harness’ then pull a plug and see if you can smell any fuel.

all of the above i will do when i get back to work tonight or tomorrow when there are less crowds of people standing around me…but i did glance everything over, and none of the clips for the coil packs seemed to have come lose…those i did check…smelling for fuel and listening for the fuel pump i have not done yet…i needed to get to class

should have bought a twin turbo car and not make one less problems more driving.

the compression numbers before were like 180 X 5 and # 6 was low
140 or something

if you hear the fuel pump running i would pull off the fuel filter make sure its not clogged up, basically just make sure the fuel and spark are there and if not then you pretty much know its the compression.

those numbers are fine than cause im in the 155-145 range across mine

why on earth would u even be driving the car without the correct fuel pump… that sounds like suicide to me

can we start the bidding on a red 300zx na–>tt conversion at $5…anybody? $5?

im driving with the na pump because i was running a bit below stock boost, rarely ever even going into boost…and know of many guys on other 300zx forums that have been able to get away for a long time with the stock na fuel pump…i did order a tt, and had been looking for one for a while, just had to wait for a good used one to turn up…

but cheaping out and not getting a new one for 250 has come back to kick my ass i gues…given that that’s even the problem

its just like any other motor but with coilpacks instead of plug wires

ill give u 50 bux Andy

how much would you really sell it for??

brown isn’t necessarily a bad thing… doesn’t take a whole hell of a lot of rust to change the color of your coolant in 1 day.

Chec kthe oil for coolant, and vice versa. If there is oil in the coolant it will be easy to spot… it will have an oily film on it. If either of the cases is true, HG is probably the problem. But it should still run, just shitty.