FS: BMW for under $2,000

'93 Bmw 325is $1900

The bad:
Needs a clutch.

The mediocre:
198k miles

The Good!:
-It’s a BMW!! The car the rest of the car companies idolize for Performance, Style, Technology, and most of all Reliability. It is: “The Ultimate Driving Machine.”
-2 door Coupe
-5 speed
-White Exterior
-Black and Tan two-tone interior with leather Front and Rear seats.
-Heated Seats
-A/C
OBC (On Board Computer) Telling: Average Fuel mileage 1 and 2, Average Speed, Range (depending on gas level), Check control telling what’s wrong with the car (Ex: Taillight bulb out or coolant low …etc.)
-Full Tool-Kit in the trunk
-New full size spare
-New CD player w/ remote replaced the factory old cassette player.
-New Bmw Replica wheels replaced the old ugly “bottle-cap” wheels

-New lower Temperature THERMOSTAT
-New (metal) WATER PUMP replaced the original plastic water pump (“Ticking Time-bombs” they call them.), Which tend to explode inside the motor in higher mileage Bmw’s. No worries now.
-New lower Temp. COOLANT TEMP. SENSOR
-All above replaced to perform the Plastic Mechanical fan deletion, because the Plastic Fans tend to explode with higher mileage Bmw’s and puncture the radiator. + “REDLINE Water Wetter” was added to make the engine run even cooler since there is no mech. fan. I cooler engine, is a happy engine.
No worries anymore.
-Front right strut and ball joint replaced.

Why this 325is is better than the others:
-No more worrying about the fan possibly exploding and leaving you stranded with a punctured radiator.
-The “Ticking Time-bomb” Original Plastic Water pump was replaced with a Metal Water pump so it can now run forever, instead of just another 100k-200k.
-This car Virtually has No Rust compared to all other Bmw’s newer or older with this amount of miles. Kelly Blue Book does Not take this into consideration. All other Bmw’s this year, have the front fenders rusted away at the bottom + the Rear quarter panel where it meets the rear fender behind the rear wheel has the famous “Honda rust”.
Not this Bmw 325is! It has been Garage kept. Very well preserved!

These are just the basic things that make this Bmw better than the rest. If you’d like to know more about it and what makes a 3-series, a 3 series look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E36

Background on the Owner (/seller):
BMWCCA member and ASE Mechanic that graduated College with a Degree in Automotive Service. Laid off from a dealer that just closed recently, is now making his knowledge and expertise in Bmw’s a career by Selling, Fixing, Modifying, and Racing BMW’s.

Pictures are here:

http://gallery.me.com/kgerrity

it’s the White one :wink:

Located in Schenectady, NY

Call Anytime:
(207)449-6481 <---- Dont forget the area code!

BTW: If you have any negative comments or problems with what this post is about, me, or anything else negative related, please PM or email me, please Do Not spam the post. Thank you.

Thx for looking!

looks 10x as nice as some of the hondas f/s for 2k, GLWS

Is it still driveable even with the bad clutch… Able to get someone around for a few days or a week till the parts come in

No it doesn’t move. When you let go of the clutch the car moves about an 1" as if it’s trying to engage the clutch, but doesn’t go any where. …Sooo it def. needs a clutch.
I’m sorry, maybe it’s too early in the morning but Im not following the second part of your post.

I think he was asking is it drivable if you had to for a short period of time until it was able to be fixed - but you already answered that question. :slight_smile:

Nice car. Its in great shape

You just got laid off from Salisbury right?..

Nice car for the price! I would pick it up if I had the space and the cash. GLWS!

Thank you! It is a great car. Hopefully someone will buy it and have a great, fast, daily, or whatever they’d like to build out of it…LS1 swap?
…I have a full M3 in parts including the motor too, just saying :wink:

Yea, I did get laid off from Salisbury, but I was the last Tech. to go :slight_smile:
…How’d you know?

My brother Jim Stallmer worked with ya. He now works for the State as you prolly know.

GLWS man!

shut up fan boi

Haha, no way! Jimmy’s a good kid, haven’t seen him around in a while, hows he doing?? Small world!

Thx bro!

and will cost 10x as much to fix when it breaks down

Not really, just dont go to the dealer. Body parts are just as much or less as other cars at junk yards (fenders etc…), used oem parts are really cheap, aftermarket product companies such as for turbo setups cost more because they include everything needed and not just the things to get by.
But if you decide to buy everything new at the dealer if something may break: Bmw Oem doesn’t cheap out on electronics or workmanship from the factory, so all gauges, clusters, computers are usually made by VDO, Siemens, or Bosch. So you’re actually paying for good stuff that comes factory.
I prefer and suggest buying parts used, because a lot of times parts that fail, may be due to user error, not maintained, or “lemon” fault from the factory. So most likely if your non-stress component (not like a bushing or a shock, but such as an ecu/computer) has failed, most likely it was just that unit and a used replacement unit will due just fine.

wat. this isn’t an m3 im not a fanboi of these dealios

Thx for the free bumps, but please Take it to a DIFFERENT thread.

all the necessary info is in the O/P anyways

and is you talking with 6spd fail about his brother’s job on topic? :tongue

Yeah it is actually you shithead. It’s his FS thread, he can do what he wants. :lol

fuck your couch you piece of shit. stop bringing his thread off topic :facepalm

Car is still for sale . . . buuump

hi kosta.
why the new username?