FS: Carbon Fibre Cloth and resin

I bought a roll of silver CF mat and a 5 gallon container of resin to try and do the front lips in CF last summer but it became apparent that it couldnt be done.

It’s been sitting around for a while, the CF mat is cut into strips, i think only a couple cups were taken from the Resin.

i spent over $500 on all of it (resin and cloth combined) and cloth doesnt exactly go down in price since it gets harder and harder to get.

needless to say, i cant do anything with it.

best offer takes it.

try contacting Mael? i’m sure he would be interested in it, he will probably pop up on this thread shortly :wink:

good luck with the sale!

Would you put it on my dash trim peices if i paid for the materials used and your time?

Let me know ,Thanks!

WTF?

this is ACTUAL CARBON FIBRE!

this is not dash trim or CF overlay, it doesnt just look like carbon fibre, this was a length of cloth off the end of a roll of CF cloth used for actual miltary or aerospace grade production, though truth be told i dont know what it was used for specfically, possibly a helicopter prop.

also, you cant just put some resin on this and “arts N crafts” it to anything, it isnt tissue paper, you have to follow proper procedure and if i knew anything about that i would have used this for myself.

^^^
I think he’s saying no. LOL

i’m sorry if that was a little antagonistic. It is unusual for stuff like this to be available anyways. it was quite a hassle just to obtain.

Sorry I’am no expert on carbon fiber, I never knew this was the shit you cant use for dash trim you dont gotta go all crazy, it was just a question.

anyways… bing how is the resin, is it all white and pasty? i have about ten feet by 2 feet of that stuff but my resin has gone bad, it only has about a month shelf life or less… let me know

oh shit, this is way old… like several months, but i am not sure if it was ever opened.

well its probably still good if you had it sealed all this time, i had my resin open in my garage for about 30 hours on a weekend “by accident” haha and then sealed it up… resin lasts if its kept warm and such, but good luck anyways, that shit is hard to find and mad expensive, 500 is a sick deal for what you have to sell.