FS/FT 2000 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro

Seriously, gtfo with that dealer auction bs. IMO, The price is on the high side of fair, but still fair for a private sale. If you want to start hooking the board up with your auction pricing and skip the commission, lmk. I’m looking for an e36 m3…:gtfo:

No your not. Stop it. For a salvage title I usually take Kbb and half it. Unless you do the work yourself you will never know that it is true. Plus salvage means it has had to have more then 4K of work done to it. If its in the front end, good luck. Make sure the tires aren’t wearing oddly and if the tires are new, guess why they are.

But good luck anyways, with the miles and stock turbos I’d jump on the 5K offer. I’d offer somewhere around there if I wanted it.

^Whatever, you’re cheap too. I’m no expert on the car, but if it wasn’t an accident salvage and he has all receipts for the work done, it’s definitely worth looking at. As I said, $8k is on the high side, but I could see this going for around $6.5-7

its crazy a dealer would still buy it at 4500 and sell it back for 8500 or so. so why cant he. even if he gets 6500 hundred for it it is still a good deal. Like ultra said just make sure someone goes with you that knows what there doing, because you dont know what else is bent or banged up.

I went ahead and killed the screenshots. I posted that info to back up my supposed “lowball” offer, not to be an ass. Also, FWIW, I’m NOT a dealer, and am looking for a vehicle for me that also fits the image of my shop.

I live in rochester so no it was not me…

Bravo.

…and Ultra (Josh). I’ll always be in the market for a nice m3. Depending on where I end up for school in the fall I might pick one up soon. Either way my 325 will be fs soon.

I just had one (99) yanked out of my shop and to the scrapyard

Lol, good. So you wouldn’t try to race a Honda Odyssey with 20 2x4’s, a compound miter saw, a toilet, my wife, a floor nailer, and a bunch of trim in it then?

Nice car, good luck, I would come look at it if I were in the market.

what color was it? was it dark navy blue? i seen a m3-ish bmw at a salvage yard on Maryland Ave in Niagara falls…has some borbet 5 spoke type wheels on them.

I would say this car is worth 6500-7K without the salvage…So take that for what it is. To some people a salvage makes a car almost worthless, to others it doesn’t matter. I’d put it in the paper.

Why you selling the 325? Are you going to buy another car right away, or just go to school?

Looks clean from the pictures man!

Why on earth would you junk a 99 M3…you could probably part it out for a small fortune.

Oh jesus. You and your brother are ridiculous. Make up your mind already will you!

Do you even have the coin to pick up an M3 John?

auction numbers are fine to be on here in my book, it shows why he offered that much. I would trust Jason over any of you in this department

Agreed. I use auction prices to gauge what I should be paying for a car with as little mark up as possible. Nothing wrong with using them in a FS forum.

$8K is too high for this car, and I think you’ll find you won’t get many looks unless you drop your price closer to $5-6K. A 2.7T with 144K miles on original turbos is going to get a visit from the turbo lady really soon, which will add another $5K repair bill, give or take a grand. No matter how well repaired or taken care of a salvage title car is, it is still a salvage title, and it will always knock the value of your car down. You’re also missing headlight washer covers, and it looks like some of the lower grill inserts are also missing?

The 2.7T is an engine that people get real nervous about unless you are really clear about what’s been replaced. So that will help your sale, if you put a little more detail out there.

And cut Jason some slack. Everyone who knows him knows that he’s as honest a guy you’ll meet, and he wouldn’t do anything to incite any flame wars on a forum.

Going back in the thread Jason was challenged to support his offer, so he did.

The price of any car can be justified by either published data or personal opinion. Both are valid for different reasons. Sometime there can be a wide gap between them and that’s ok too.